- a ray of light

hairymel

and that dear friends is where i have to leave the tale for now.......

i am supposed to be racing my puma at the local oval track and i had previously allocated today for preperation. last race was nearly six months ago and i still haven't quite finished fixing it from last years racing :roll:

rustiere- machete there... did it get extracted in one piece?? ...chassis legs on these are notorious for frilling to dust, even back in the day... had a Chrysler avenger as a fist car, n many patches were patched onto the front legs 'when still in use' - till a dead autobox 'did for it'...  

ELM..T - Late 1978 London issue.   Also the name of a once-plentiful tree that succumbed to a deadly rot..... 

I must admit when first clicking this thread I thought you had bought Cros's Talbot 90 and were attempting collection with the Transit. 

Only slightly more perturbed by the amount of rot I then saw!

As much as I like seeing cars like this, and fair play for taking it on, this must be past it surely!?

I do like these though so good on you if you do fix it. My grandad had a Talbot one in pea green with a beige interior, I think it was a T reg. His one was sold and ended up being used for rallying I think!

I think the clue might be in this post.

and that dear friends is where i have to leave the tale for now.......

i am supposed to be racing my puma at the local oval track and i had previously allocated today for preperation. last race was nearly six months ago and i still haven't quite finished fixing it from last years racing :roll:

If that's the plan it's only really the, admittedly buggered, roof that's used.

OMFG ! when you saw that your balls must of swelled to bursting point ! I take it you didn't drive it on to the back of the tranny ! What was the flat out speed on the way home , 20 , any faster you would of lost the wings and tailgate.

I'll buy you a beer when it gets thru the mot , best of luck

back from the dusty oval now

finished up getting to the track late today but still managed to start and finish the first race

post-4571-0-61656900-1460318145_thumb.jpg

the second race didn't go as well, the pasenger side driveshaft failed leaving me stranded on the outside of a fast bend.

post-4571-0-80460500-1460318284_thumb.jpg

i had another in my 'spares package'

post-4571-0-02791800-1460318350_thumb.jpg

sadly the third race ended in exactly the same way - and the same place

post-4571-0-78274100-1460318464_thumb.jpg

the nearest marshall was less than complimentary about my graceful* exit from the car.

the second time was no improvement :-D

no more driveshafts and an obvious (and as yet unidentified) mechanical malady meant no more dusty fun :sadfacesmiley:

now where was i?

so Mark had arrived , and after an exchange of pleasentries (including thinly veiled threats of 'running away crying' on my part) we set to work.

i rolled around in bastard stealth bastard sharp bastard brambles for a bit (mark had cunningly strimmed the area sometime previously to hide its prickly nature)

using a combination of wood blocks, scissor and trolly jacks , and carefull application of brute force, the sunken wheels were replaced with rounder items. 

while the wheels were off each hub was vaugely hit with a medium sized hammer.

unbelievably this was enough to restore rotate-ability :shock:

wood/bricks etc were shoved in the vacated holes and with 10 minutes shuffling back and forth it was up the fairly steep drive and in the road :-)

post-4571-0-40326600-1460320265_thumb.jpg

we then stood around chatting about the moggy hidden in a bush

post-4571-0-99824300-1460319527_thumb.jpg

my photo are deceiving as well - everything below the waistline was pretty much toast.

You are a stupid man.

EFA

ELM..T - Late 1978 London issue

thanks makes more sense than bournmouth

Rear wheel drive drift weapon.....

Just sayin'.

not JDMBMW M8

Sunbeam S, it'll have all the toys.

i think it might be a gls?

On the plus side, if the boot is full of water it's not holed!

my point exactly ;)  very surprising considering the rear loading sill

They are dead easy to break in to, simply take the tail lights out (screws on the outside) and pull the tailgate latch cables.

this one wasn't - took ages to get it open as everything was stuck solid

Why?

I like an old Mota as much as the next cretin, but , unless you are looking for spares for an existing one, that's a fragger.

Surely?

Nigel how could you say such a thing :sad-smiley-005:

I cant save money fast enough to buy a good one!

I think the clue might be in this post.

If that's the plan it's only really the, admittedly buggered, roof that's used.

NO NO NO - no point competitivley racing a car that cant be replaced. if it was a £10million ferrari fair enough

OMFG ! when you saw that your balls must of swelled to bursting point ! I take it you didn't drive it on to the back of the tranny ! What was the flat out speed on the way home , 20 , any faster you would of lost the wings and tailgate.

I'll buy you a beer when it gets thru the mot , best of luck

averaged 45-50 empty 50-53 laden? must be downhill on the way back! don't buy beer yet it might get warm and flat :oops:

Beer? I'll buy OP a unicorn if it gets through the MOT.

a horny horse lol