200,000 milers.

solid61

Isn't there a 1 owner  Volvo P1800 in the States done 4 million or something?

Dunno... There seems a 'verifiable' WebLegend of a chap who did The Moon&Back in a Pete? Retired and took the truck instead of a gold watch..??

TS

10 years ago I had a customer who drove the roughest looking Mk1 Seat Toledo which had done 270 odd k and he was determined to see 300.

It really was a shed. Hairy string instead of door check straps, seats with more gaffer tape than a Mondeo bumper etc.

Sadly someone pulled out in front of him from a junction and that was the end of it.

Re: Ford PR dept.

When we sent that letter, saying our Mk3 had done 100k with a photo, we got a key fob (4 rings round the World) & a rear window sticker 'Fraud 100k Klub'... PR must have been busy beez?

TS

The only car I've actually taken past 200K myself is the ex-Spottedlaurel Camry estate (which has since sadly passed on, but has donated many of its organs to keep other Camrys on the road).

Voila:

3823804099_3abe34d18d_o.jpg

1996 Toyota Camry 2.2 estate by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

From memory I bought it with 180k back in 2006 or so, and Wuvvum had the pleasure of getting it past 200. I think it was on 203-ish when it finally came off the road.

And yes, bits are still being of considerable use:

26055807031_bb563267b9_c.jpg

Toyota Camry - Fixed(ish) by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

I've also used one of the doors, ignition switch and 'wooden' interior trim off it on the other estate and front end panels have gone onto a couple of other cars.

My Mondeo was a high-miler when I owned it. It was only six years old and was nearing 130k, so nothing that amazing if you look at the other mileages on here. It was immaculate and had a stupidly large service history file. Unfortunately it was a TDCi....

What I will say is that this forum (and this thread) perfectly highlights the fallacy of being anti-high-mileage cars. Lunching TDCi engines aside, buying on condition and proof of service/having being looked after is a far more sensible way forwards.

Well then,after seeing all these posts im feeling like a rank amatuer with my mere 200,000 miles on the fiat,i will defend it by saying that it is definately not a triggers broom.Apart from regular comprehensive 10,ooo mile services andthe obvious brake/tyres/bulbs it really has needed next to nothing doing,even at MOT time.

Its had a couple of drop links,n/s/f coil spring and an air flow meter,its still on the original rear discs.Still looks smart when cleaned and uses no oil or water,just looked through the history and the front pads have done 85k and are still good so it looks like my church warden driving style has helped it last so well.post-5393-0-24971900-1460196854_thumb.jpg

Well then,after seeing all these posts im feeling like a rank amatuer with my mere 200,000 miles on the fiat,i will defend it by saying that it is definately not a triggers broom.Apart from regular comprehensive 10,ooo mile services andthe obvious brake/tyres/bulbs it really has needed next to nothing doing,even at MOT time.

Its had a couple of drop links,n/s/f coil spring and an air flow meter,its still on the original rear discs.Still looks smart when cleaned and uses no oil or water,just looked through the history and the front pads have done 85k and are still good so it looks like my church warden driving style has helped it last so well. image.jpg

Don't feel like that. Doing 200k on a Stilo without it suffering a catastrophic undiagnosable electronic fault is very much an achievement.

Don't feel like that. Doing 200k on a Stilo without it suffering a catastrophic undiagnosable electronic fault is very much an achievement.

I'm probably being a bit logical here, but these Fiats suffer majorly from owner apathy rather than any fundamental flaws. A minor MOT fail or an easily fixable fault might result in them going over the bridge.

Here's a photo of our Herald's speedo showing around 48k.

02062009031.jpg

That's because when we bought it it was showing something like that too so this was 'our 100k' moment.  But we know that wasn't the genuine mileage as there were old MOTS with identical mileages when the speedo obviosuly wasn't working. Could this have even been the second time around already? Even if not the actual mileage when we bought it was more likely to be nearer 70,80 or 100k.  For many years it has had a diff in it which means the speedo reads slow and the mileage ticks over similarly slowly.  I think speedo now reads around 70 something.  So in our ownership its done something like 140k miles and who knows what the first 27 years of its life resulted in?

I had big plans to take my e46 320d to 200 or 300k, sadly I'm going to sell it soon at 191k. Bought at 100,600 though.

I

I had similar plans for ours, but it was a pile of overrated rusty shit.... big MOT fail for grot. 

Guest Hooli

154k on our VW Caddy, still drives like new. Not really an AS van though as it's a '59 plate and worth more than a tank of fuel.

Come to think of it my dads/sisters Grande Punto is nearly at 200k. Currently on 180,000 and change. Not the original engine because my dad is a bloody minded idiot and won't take a mechanics advice about the sump leaking and the rest is pretty shagged. Neither rear doors work from the outside, the passenger front door exterior handle is very sticky, the interior buttons are mostly worn blank etc.

My 806 clocked up 243,000 yesterday and still drives well, mostly due to 150 quids worth of new front suspension bits it had last week. It has been so well looked after to get this far I might even give it a service next week. For a motor that I was just going to run into the ground it has been so useful I am going to have to keep it. If it is really lucky I might even try to find some un dented panels for it.

post-19520-0-82127200-1460271401_thumb.jpg

Pictured in Switzerland. Completely regret selling it as it felt tight as a nun's chuff. Utter luxury and 45mpg from the old 1.9tdi.

Registration number: W107DAC

Vehicle makeAUDI Vehicle modelA6 Date first used10 March 2000 Fuel typeDiesel ColourSilver

MOT history of this vehicle

Test date17 August 2015 Expiry date17 August 2016 Test ResultPass Odometer reading234,098 miles MOT test number1387 4902 5241

Test date17 August 2015 Test ResultFail Odometer reading234,096 miles MOT test number8955 8952 5206 Reason(s) for failure

Nearside Front constant velocity joint gaiter damaged to the extent that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt etc (2.5.C.1a)

Offside Track rod end ball joint has excessive play (2.2.B.1f)

Test date18 August 2014 Expiry date17 August 2015 Test ResultPass Odometer reading214,804 miles MOT test number6175 4063 4237 Advisory notice item(s)

Front Brake pad(s) wearing thin (3.5.1g)

Nearside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)

Offside Rear Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)