Anyone got a door & light lens for this Bluebird estate?

uk_senator

Hi, really sad to see that hopefully the idiot's vehicle who caused it has came off worse. 

I've looked up a place I've used before, Midland Lamps & Panels and they are showing the NSR rear Lamp for the [u11] Bluebird estate in stock for £20.50 inc vat. 

They also have OS rear lamp for £25.67 inc vat just in case. 

Can't seam to get a link to there site annoyingly up but there phone number is: 0121 520 1000. 

Hope it's of use and be great to see some pictures hopefully when it sorted. 

That dent could well pop out with minimal creasing, worth a try at least it wouldn't look so bad.

Most of that bend will come out. Cheaper/ simpler than replacement, too

No, it wont, its been hit hard enough to push the inner door frame in too, it now doesnt open without a hefty shove from inside..

Plus it was virtually mint (1 owner from new till a few months ago, about 60k IIRC), so he wants it back to mint, & rightly so.

Hi, really sad to see that hopefully the idiot's vehicle who caused it has came off worse. 

I've looked up a place I've used before, Midland Lamps & Panels and they are showing the NSR rear Lamp for the [u11] Bluebird estate in stock for £20.50 inc vat. 

They also have OS rear lamp for £25.67 inc vat just in case. 

Can't seam to get a link to there site annoyingly up but there phone number is: 0121 520 1000. 

Hope it's of use and be great to see some pictures hopefully when it sorted. 

I doubt it, it looks like its been hit diagonally by a bumper, I doubt the other car got damaged. Another friends Mk1 Fiat Uno 5-door was hit in the same way a couple of months ago too, & he`s not been able to find a replacement either (NSR door as well, if anyones got one)

Thanks for the light info (that wasnt damaged with the door, it had cracks in it beforehand), I Googled the phone number: http://carbodypanels.co.uk/ , they dont seem to have estate ones (& it`d be nicer to get a genuine one!)

Sounds a fair swap

ba-boom-tish

:mrgreen:

It's had some wob in the past, by the looks...

25826346720_831e2cf840_b.jpg

If a saloon / hatch door won't fit, I bet a door skin would. Even if the frame has to be straightened, I bet the door would fly again with a new skin and some TLC.

It's had some wob in the past, by the looks...

25826346720_831e2cf840_b.jpg

If a saloon / hatch door won't fit, I bet a door skin would. Even if the frame has to be straightened, I bet the door would fly again with a new skin and some TLC.

Yeah, it has, I picked it away (so the water wouldnt sit in it), theres only 2-3mm & no rust behind it whatsoever (actually looked galvanised), so I`m guessing it had a shallow dent repaired at some point many years ago, to a very high standard.

Not sure if its the same as the saloon & hatch, it doesnt look too "estate specific", no vertical frame etc.. A skin is an option if a door cant be found, but I doubt he wants too pay that amount of labour (he`s in his 80`s, on a pension, not very rich, his wife has a 1994 205 as well).

Yeah, it has, I picked it away (so the water wouldnt sit in it), theres only 2-3mm & no rust behind it whatsoever (actually looked galvanised), so I`m guessing it had a shallow dent repaired at some point many years ago, to a very high standard.

Not sure if its the same as the saloon & hatch, it doesnt look too "estate specific", no vertical frame etc.. A skin is an option if a door cant be found, but I doubt he wants too pay that amount of labour (he`s in his 80`s, on a pension, not very rich, his wife has a 1994 205 as well).

Actually, it does look like the frame is about 10 degrees steeper at the back, with a wider quarterlight glass.. Bugger..

The estates were a totally different shell, and I believe they were still made by Nissan Japan, not in Sunderland like the saloon and hatch

I`m no expert on Jap motors, but they seem to be based on the earlier shell. Not even sure if its F or R WD..

• 3 months later...

Ok, His son has offered it to me as his Dad has unfortunately had a stroke, I`m tempted but reluctant because of the door (& no storage for it), but at the same time I dont want it going to the crusher either, so if anyone knows of a door going, please let me know ASAP..

Ta,

Ok, His son has offered it to me as his Dad has unfortunately had a stroke, I`m tempted but reluctant because of the door (& no storage for it), but at the same time I dont want it going to the crusher either, so if anyone knows of a door going, please let me know ASAP..

Ta,

If not, I reckon a roffle on here would go down well, assuming it's still got some ticket left on it. Hope it all ends well - crying shame some knobjockey pranged it in the first place. 😔

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/nissan-datsun-bluebird-parts/6527104

Just said I'd add this; they have many bluebirds and parts; but they are in Ashbourne, Co. Meath, near enough to Dublin

Cheers for that, but as you say, its more than a bit far! 

Didn't a red one of these show up on here last year?

No idea.

If not, I reckon a roffle on here would go down well, assuming it's still got some ticket left on it. Hope it all ends well - crying shame some knobjockey pranged it in the first place.

It is shite, & tyical of London. Its got about 6 months ticket IIRC, & under 70k on the clock.

I might get it & see if anyones got a tidy Mk1 1.5 petrol Nissan Vanette they wanna swap for it, as I need an old school, cheap tax, LEZ exempt, medium sized van in my life..

There's a U11 breaking here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Bluebird-Breaking-/182231523731

It's not an estate, but the weird roof design on the estate suggests it almost certainly uses the same doors.

Unfortunately not, the estate has a steeper angle on the rear of the window frames (why they bothered is anyones guess, I cant see it being any more practical, was it worth tooling up for different frames?!? Such is life).

I did email him a few months ago, but either he didnt have any estate doors or he didnt answer, cant remember now.

I have used these in the past.

Jap Parts

Jan Buildings
Phoenix Sidings
Stockton-on-Tees
TS19 0AA

http://www.japparts.com/home

Looks like I missed the boat, in both the literal & metaphorical way:

Thank you for your message.

Sorry we cannot help on that one.
You have just missed out by three weeks as we loaded a container with all our old items to send to another country that had eight of these doors for just that side alone in it !

Thank you
Jap Parts
07850 502777

Looks like I missed the boat, in both the literal & metaphorical way:

Thank you for your message.

Sorry we cannot help on that one.
You have just missed out by three weeks as we loaded a container with all our old items to send to another country that had eight of these doors for just that side alone in it !

Thank you
Jap Parts
07850 502777

That emails just like Bullseye, come on, lets take a look at what you could have won.

That emails just like Bullseye, come on, lets take a look at what you could have won.

The worst bit is, the damage was done months ago, well before they exported them, but I just didint have the Jap contacts to get in touch with them..

Gutting.. I could have had that beige Chevette for the throw of a dart, thanks for rubbing it in my face Mr Bowen..