NORTHERN POWERHOUSE Classic - 7ish PM TONIGHT Tuesday 4th July @ Glossop

Dave_Q

Hi all,

Bit of a random one but do any Manchester/Derbyshire/South or West Yorkshire based Shiters fancy a meetup sometime in Glossop?

I know it's not exactly a sprawling metropolis but it has a reasonably priced car park, a Wetherspoons, a caff, etc.

Main reason for suggesting it is it's a nice drive in from most directions - over Holme Moss from the North or Snake Pass from Sheffield direction.

The A624 from the south isn't too bad either.

Something like a Thursday evening would be best for me but open to suggestions.

Glossop would be a good place for a meeting IMO. I'd show up myself as I'm only in Stalybridge but I have absolutely nothing of value to contribute to such a meeting, being little more than a penniless 20 year old student with some garish waterproof coats and a bike. That is a pretty nice Wetherspoons, mind.

Wetherspoons has a car park that's 2 hours free parking and there's a seldom-full pay and display opposite, behind the market. Other than Wetherspoons there's not a lot except a Costa, a couple of small cafes and pubs, and typical amenities.

It's a nice drive in from all directions except Manchester really.

Could be a handy way of moving that Sierra rear quarter south, too.

Snake pass has lovely views,ladybower dam is a nice walk too. Anyone fancy a bit of an uphill struggle then thors cave is ok. I used to like to take bike out up mam tor,kinder scout etc. Lovely areas and great to throw bike round the twisties

Don't know if the Fiesta will make it but depending on date I'm in. Might have to follow anglevan though as I'm crap with directions and driving.

FIne by me - I'll probably take the Lancer as my Anglia is having major over heating issues at the moment.

Snake pass has lovely views...Lovely areas and great to throw bike round the twisties

And a fucking 40 OMGMPH speed limit strictly enfoced, because any form of having fun is a total no no in the UK.

However, a meet in Glossop is something the Granadaland Greenhouse Gassers would fully endorse in their relentless quest to improve the climate.

And a fucking 40 OMGMPH speed limit strictly enfoced, because any form of having fun is a total no no in the UK.

However, a meet in Glossop is something the Granadaland Greenhouse Gassers would fully endorse in their relentless quest to improve the climate.

50 except for an odd bit of 30 in the middle where I think there is some subsidence.

That's correct, the new 30 took us by surprise last time we went over (on Monday). To me it just looks like a place for potential accidents/falling off the road on a right hander, didn't know there was subsidence.

50 is a small price to pay for an HGV-free drive though, it's not often you manage to get up to 60 on Woodhead, which is NSL as it's a trunk road.

I've been to Glossop again - the Wetherspoons car park is unrestricted after 6pm, which is good. I imagine the pay and display across the road probably operates on similar terms.

Mustard mitt I've never seen any coppers up on the Snake and have therefore not paid too much attention to what the speed limits are up there.

I've always found that giffers in Hyundai i10s (is there any other car on the road that's more of a bloody menace?) doing 20 the whole way from Ladybower to Glossop are far more effective at countering my speed than the fear of finding myself in front of a judge.

I've been to Glossop again - the Wetherspoons car park is unrestricted after 6pm, which is good. I imagine the pay and display across the road probably operates on similar terms.

The pay and display is free after 1800 I think. Judging by the number of middle aged blokes in jacked up 90s Land Rovers who infest the place most nights I'd say it's a safe bet for a gathering.

Yup the 28th won't work for me sorry- there and back on a thursday eve would mean a half day!

Soz Neil (and other faraway people) but weekends aren't good for me at the moment as I R STUDENT like Ghosty meaning I generally work and/or do family stuff at weekends, however I hope to be GAINFULLY EMPLOYED within the next few months meaning weekends could end up being better.

Soz Neil (and other faraway people) but weekends aren't good for me at the moment as I R STUDENT like Ghosty meaning I generally work and/or do family stuff at weekends, however I hope to be GAINFULLY EMPLOYED within the next few months meaning weekends could end up being better.

nae worries chap-best o luck witb the meetings!