NORTHERN POWERHOUSE Classic - 7ish PM TONIGHT Tuesday 4th July @ Glossop

Dave_Q

Fair enough, just that you mentioned you were using that Raleigh to get to work and I wondered if it was breakdown enforced bodgery.

It'd help if I hadn't quit the job... need to find something that's a bit nearer by. :oops: It's been unanimously agreed so far that it wasn't worth the effort. It really wasn't fun getting there, let alone working.

Our favourite Wetherspoons is hiring, don't you know.

Less said the better anyway...

Well, I attended the meeting this time around with that motherless stupid pretentious toff Range Rover of mine.

I had the pleasure to chauffeur several attendants on a short trip along country lanes giving me that desire to not stop, because there could be indigenious people there,

you know the kind, with one eye in the middle of their foreheads. I was scared shitless.

Again, contrary to common folklore, my Range Rover didn't put a foot wrong, it rather felt like a first class railway compartment, or rather, how I like to put it, a Wellness Spa on wheels.

It even made it back to the Junkman towers.

All this is in stark contrast to what I was told after I had bought it. Which is that it will grenade within a quater mile and a umpteen digit bill is in order to fix it.

I call bullshit.

All I have to do is live with 15.6 OMGMPG, which I happily do, because the Granadaland Greenhouse Gassers are determined to improve The Climate.

I left slightly early just in case of SNOKAOS on the big hill, it was snowing up there but not really settled except some sad slush at the top.

Good evening as usual, nice to get a passenger lap in the Range Rover of guaranteed* expensive doom, even though the doom level was disappointingly low on this occasion.

I definitely can't afford it, but I'd still like to register an interest in purchasing it when the time comes.

Right, I'm calling this one early so that international and regional correspondents can make arrangements to attend.

XMAS EDITION meeting in the usual place at the usual time, Tuesday 6th December. 

Special XMAS EDITION features to include:

The usual grumpy old men

The usual car park

The usual car chat

Everyone ignoring the Wetherspoons christmas menu to order the usual steak

Coming to a Derbyshire town near* you, on Tuesday 6th December.

Prestigious* on-site hotel available for £30 (plus £3 for wifi) for out of towners.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the bumpage all, that's right this is TOMORROW.

Festiveness level is guaranteed to be off the scale *

* festiveness could be off either top or bottom of scale. ROAR, E&OE, T&Cs apply. Your statutory rights are definitely affected.

• 3 weeks later...

10th it is then.

Same shite time, same shite place.

For 320touring that is - 7pm approx, Market car park Glossop, SK13 8AS or 8AR should get you to the general area. 

It's over the road from The Smithy Fold which is the Wetherspoons we tend to retire to for scran with varying degrees of urgency depending on the weather.

10th it is then.

Same shite time, same shite place.

For 320touring that is - 7pm approx, Market car park Glossop, SK13 8AS or 8AR should get you to the general area.

It's over the road from The Smithy Fold which is the Wetherspoons we tend to retire to for scran with varying degrees of urgency depending on the weather.

I shall add it to my schedulez!

• 3 weeks later...

Should be OK at that time but maybe check traffic on google before you leave as when the M60 is broken, its very broken.

The problem with the back road plan is that its all a bit populationey - the best alternative route would probably be via Rochdale and Oldham and would be a good 30-40 mins longer on a 50 or so min journey.