Ford Sierra-Another years MOT.

Stevebrookman

That looks fit.

Surprised that the 2.0 DOHC is gruff compared to a pinto, I remember my Dad having a Mk3 Granada with this engine and thought it was very smooth.  It would have been nearly new at the time mind

I've had a couple of Pintos-three in fact a Cortina, Capri and a different Sierra. The pinto seemed smoother than the DOHC in the current Sierra (this only had 30000 miles on the clock when bought).

Friends father had a manual Granada with the DOHC and that seemed smoother-but maybe because it was over 20 years ago and my mind is playing tricks!

Steve

Just a quick question out of curiosity. Looki g at the pics of sierra i noticed it has a analogue clock. Ive only known the diesels to hqve an analogue clock with glow plug light above it. I thought all later petrol models had digital. Cost cutting maybe?

The GLX and above had an analogue clock, the lower versions had a digital, except for the basic versions without a rev counter, they had a large analogue occupying the space where a rev counter would be.

The analogue and digital clocks in the centre are easily interchangeable.

• 8 months later...

Real credit to you, Steve. Respect for sticking with it. Without owners like you, cars like the bASe would never have survived as long.

I would like to touch this.

Intimately.

Had it 17 years-MOT bloke this was all the welding it would need for a while-it did have the rear of the sills done last year. I'll pump it full of Dinitol when finished. Only other rust is on the rear arches-only a little bit.

loved the driving postion of the sierra's

Very comfortable to drive. Very high geared (auto) it cruises effortlessly at 80mph and is good on fuel.

Had done 30000 miles when bought (originally by my father in 2000) and is now on 92000 miles.

I'll keep it forever.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Here's the Sierra trying out it's new garage. It's a council lock up which replaced the old one we had. the new one is at least 5 feet longer and much wider. It's also been turned by 90 degrees so easier to get in. ok for £9 a week.

9KNlAq2.jpg

nRQKCSr.jpg

XPq3Q3v.jpg

eUYqver.jpg

In the last phot-theres 2 feet behind the car.

Here's the Sierra trying out it's new garage. It's a council lock up which replaced the old one we had. the new one is at least 5 feet longer and much wider. It's also been turned by 90 degrees so easier to get in. ok for £9 a week.

Very impressive! 8)  I really wished that landlords pay more attention to providing bigger garages like this.

Coincidentally yesterday I handed the council back the keys to the 1969 built garage as it's too narrow for my liking. OK for Austins and motorcycles with sidecars or the era but not so much for today's portly 21st century cars. It was identical to egg's garage. I damaged one of the wing mirrors last month and didn't want to tempt fate any longer.

Very impressive! 8)  I really wished that landlords pay more attention to providing bigger garages like this.

Coincidentally yesterday I handed the council back the keys to the 1969 built garage as it's too narrow for my liking. OK for Austins and motorcycles with sidecars or the era but not so much for today's portly 21st century cars. It was identical to egg's garage. I damaged one of the wing mirrors last month and didn't want to tempt fate any longer.

Took 12 months from handing the keys in to getting them back. It's the only good thing our council has done. It's currently shutting two local leisure centres - bunch of s*******

Steve