Wishlist for Santa

pandamonium

Ah, Sarah Michelle Gellar, now you're talking.

Just done a rather nice shoot for US Maxim:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Whilst we're at it, another choice is Louise in her new job modelling undies:

Posted Image

And if it's not being too greedy.....

Posted Image

And to bring the balance back I'll have one of these too please (with or without optional bonnet mascot):

Posted Image

Let's get back to reality here. Yes, I'd love to spend an evening with Buffy the Vampire Slayer but let's face it, she probably wouldn't be seen dead in a scruffy Peugeot 304 estate.

So, Santa old mate.

I would have asked you for one of these,

Posted Image

but I've already got one. :D

So...

A decent one of these

Posted Image

wouldnt' go far amiss. Right hand drive, of course, and with a semi auto 'box if at all possible.

Also an early one of these

Posted Image

preferably one which doesn't get pulled off at the last minute :evil: .

Apart from that, any two or more of the following would do:

Alfasud 1.5 Ti

Daimler Majestic Major

Rover P6 3500S Series 1

Citroën Ami saloon

Renault 5 Gordini

Renault 8 Gordini

Hillman Hunter GLS

1964-67 Ford Mustang

1960 Cadillac Coupe de Ville

Peugeot 604

Peugeot 404 estate

Riley RMF

Saab 95/96 two-stroke

Cheers mate.

Right, here's the first entry on my list:

Posted Image

A C210 Skyline saloon, with the long nose and 6-pot engine. Loved my coupe one, but if anything the saloons look even nicer as they lose the slightly droopy tail and the more upright rear pillars look a bit meatier.

I'll try and add pictures for the rest, but the ones that immediately spring to mind are:

Mk3 Cortina, preferably a 2dr with twin round lights sitting on Wiremag wheels. Or Appliance Steelspokes.

Avenger GL/GLS 4dr.

Victor FE VX4/90.

Laurel C130 saloon, with the late grille and a six-cyl engine and on alloys.

Manta 'A' SR Rallye, not a Berlinetta.

Manta 'B', must be an early 2dr one with chrome bumpers. Berlinetta spec on that one would be OK.

Commodore GS/E.

Random large 1967/68 American car, would have to be a pillarless coupe or 4dr hardtop and the biggest version possible. I've always thought of myself as a Mopar person, but Buick Electra 225 springs to mind as looking incredibly clean and linear.

Some more Laurels - A C230 4dr hardtop, a C33 and why not the original C30 with their elegant styling?

Posted Image

Cedric/Gloria 330 4dr hardtop. Above pic neatly contains two of my choices.

Random early 70's Japanese K-car - Mitusbishi Minica seems admirably silly, or that neat little Fronte that Baz and I saw recently.

Wedgy Alfa Guilietta 1.8 or 2.0, pre-facelift.

Can think of dozens more, but that'll do for this year.

Oh, and the services of this chap and his splendid Skyline estate to come round and look after them all for me.

Posted Image

Edit: This lady might be handy to keep on top of the paperwork, SORN declarations etc.

Posted Image

get pulled off at the last minute.

Wuvvum! I thought you were trying to steer this thread away from that kind of thing?Your R6 looks great - in fact, it is the spit of the car I 'lost' in Ireland - except mine had a bigger diamond on the grille - but it had a spare one of those early-most grilles in the boot when it went missing! Also had a 5TS motor (not in the boot). But it even had the replacement wings like yours has, with bumper mounting holes for the later type bumper on the square-light cars.Does yours have the fake wood on the dash? Mine didn't, but I found an early one in a scrap yard that did.

get pulled off at the last minute.

Wuvvum! I thought you were trying to steer this thread away from that kind of thing?
:lol: Filthy mind...

Your R6 looks great - in fact, it is the spit of the car I 'lost' in Ireland - except mine had a bigger diamond on the grille - but it had a spare one of those early-most grilles in the boot when it went missing! Also had a 5TS motor (not in the boot). But it even had the replacement wings like yours has, with bumper mounting holes for the later type bumper on the square-light cars.

Does yours have the fake wood on the dash? Mine didn't, but I found an early one in a scrap yard that did.

Aye, mine has the later front wings. Later rear lights as well - I'm keeping an eye out for a set of earlier ones on Frogbay. And I'm not at all convinced it has the original 845cc engine either - I've driven a couple of 845cc Renners and the 6 has far too much acceleration above 60mph for it to be the standard lump. Here's a pic of it - don't know if you can tell by sight what it is?

Posted Image

Most obvious difference is the rocker cover in the 845 doesn't cover the full width of the head - theres a 'shoulder' to the nearside of the rocker cover with a row of head bolts showing.

This is the 845 (rather shiny example!) - see the row of head bolts below the gear-change rod. Wuvvum's car looks to have a full width rocker cover.

Check the model number on the oval plate Wuvs - R1180 = 845cc, R1181 = 1108cc.

Posted Image

Yes, I'd love to spend an evening with Buffy the Vampire Slayer but let's face it, she probably wouldn't be seen dead in a scruffy Peugeot 304 estate.

Wel, you just never know, she used to ride round in Giles' scruffy old DS estate!!
It was just a normal DS as far as I'm aware. Are you a BtVS aficionado or something? I've got the complete series on DVD! :wink:

Guilty as charged!! HUGE Buffy fan I'm afraid. Got series 1 and 2 on DVD, keeping an eye open for 2nd hand copies of the other series. I cudda sworn Giles' DS was an estate, but you may be right.

I bought the box set 2 or 3 years ago for £235 which sounds crazy but it's a Ltd Edition of 10,000 & the average price on eBay for a brand new one was around the £300 mark so I didn't think I did badly. Although I felt very slightly green recently when Play.com were selling the boxset for £90 I think. I just had to keep telling myself 'it's only the standard boxset', 'it's only the standard boxset'! I also bought this year, the complete Angel boxset for £50. I had never been bothered about it as I'd never caught any episodes previously but then we got Sky & I got to see some of them from the beginning when they re-ran it. We couldn't keep up with watching them so I decided to just buy the set.

Most obvious difference is the rocker cover in the 845 doesn't cover the full width of the head - theres a 'shoulder' to the nearside of the rocker cover with a row of head bolts showing.

This is the 845 (rather shiny example!) - see the row of head bolts below the gear-change rod. Wuvvum's car looks to have a full width rocker cover.

Check the model number on the oval plate Wuvs - R1180 = 845cc, R1181 = 1108cc.

Posted Image

Cheers for that - the 6 is safely ensconced in my garage at the moment, blocked in by about three and a half tonnes of old Volvo, so I'll have to wait till the weekend to check out the model number. I had a suspicion it was probably an 1108 though - it's too gutsy for an 845, plus it's tappety in a way that Ventoux engines usually aren't, and it doesn't seem to enjoy revving as much either. It does go OK though - it's considerably lower geared than my old 4 so is doing about 4000 revs at 60, so I think it may have originally had the smaller engine, but the Cléon/Sierra is probably a more practical engine if I'm actually going to drive the car.

Guilty as charged!! HUGE Buffy fan I'm afraid. Got series 1 and 2 on DVD, keeping an eye open for 2nd hand copies of the other series. I cudda sworn Giles' DS was an estate, but you may be right.

I bought the box set 2 or 3 years ago for £235 which sounds crazy but it's a Ltd Edition of 10,000 & the average price on eBay for a brand new one was around the £300 mark so I didn't think I did badly. Although I felt very slightly green recently when Play.com were selling the boxset for £90 I think. I just had to keep telling myself 'it's only the standard boxset', 'it's only the standard boxset'! I also bought this year, the complete Angel boxset for £50. I had never been bothered about it as I'd never caught any episodes previously but then we got Sky & I got to see some of them from the beginning when they re-ran it. We couldn't keep up with watching them so I decided to just buy the set.
I've been tempted to buy the full set, but I just know I'd NEVER have the time to watch them all again. Never really felt quite the same about Angel though. Now, Dark Angel, on the other hand, is- if possible- even better than Buffy!! With James Cameron directing, and Jessica Alba in the lead role, how could it not be brilliant?! Shame they only made 2 seasons.

No offence Reg but I can't see the appeal of limited edition/special edition box DVD sets - once the technology is replaced they will be worth bugger all I would think.The amount of limited edition boxset VHS stuff in charity shops and tips over the last two or three years I've seen - somone spent a lot of money on all that in the 1990s. When HD/Blue Ray/whatever becomes the order of the day won't all the standard DVD stuff be thrown out in the same way?It's different for vinyl LPs as people still use turntables, or as I call them, 'record players'. Plus no ones making new 1950s Elvis singles. But the film/media companies can always just press more DVDs.

No offence Reg but I can't see the appeal of limited edition/special edition box DVD sets - once the technology is replaced they will be worth bugger all I would think.The amount of limited edition boxset VHS stuff in charity shops and tips over the last two or three years I've seen - somone spent a lot of money on all that in the 1990s. When HD/Blue Ray/whatever becomes the order of the day won't all the standard DVD stuff be thrown out in the same way?It's different for vinyl LPs as people still use turntables, or as I call them, 'record players'. Plus no ones making new 1950s Elvis singles. But the film/media companies can always just press more DVDs.
Well that was the going rate for some reason, people obviously see some worth in them. Anyway at the time, I didn't decide to get it because it was limited, I just wanted the complete series & it was only on release as a limited set to start with. Had I known that it would end up on general release for just over £100 I'd have waited. The only crumb of comfort I now have is that people would have a job getting the version I've got as opposed to the version you can still buy in the shops. Thanks for your positivity. :P

I'll have to wait till the weekend to check out the model number

Wuvs - I've just checked in the loft here at home, and I've got a 'propah' Renault workshop manual for the R6 - R1181.It's yours if you need one - just need to arrange getting it to you (after the Christmas rush perhaps?).