The Autoshite holy grail is now one of us!

trigger

Nope, the thermostat was something I never got around to. Did I leave it in the boot? If not then I know where it is, I found that oil spray bar Dan donated and Haynes Sierra service guide I bought for it in a box with some random car bits just after I brought it back to you, and it's probably in there as well. I'll get them in the post ASAP :)

Well it was mission accomplished last week.

I had a very important work meeting with senior management at a high end hotel/county club. It's so refreshing to have the right car for the occasion just sat in the garage. ðŸ˜

post-19618-0-22687000-1482916117_thumb.jpg

Ah yes. The prestigious The Grove. A venue so pompous they deny even being IN Watford, and will actually complain to us media lot if we have the audacity to claim otherwise. (A strict media advisory was sent to all outlets during the recent masters golf advising only London and Hertfordshire were acceptable!)

Therefore... It had to be done.

https://twitter.com/HeartHerts/status/811857939468288001?s=09

(Sorry for the work link. My producer has all the raw footage)

Managed to get some old twunt playing the 17th hole to shake his golf bat at me upon arrival. Something to do with 25mph in 1st gear no doubt. It certainly got a few laughs, and the consierge dude DID park the car but didn't want to be filmed. Probably worried about credibility or something.

All told, a good day.

I went to collect a hoover in Watford the day there was something happening there a few months ago, took over an hour to get off the m25, then half an hour to get past the entrance to the place. Came back a different way.

That was with the cambelt incorrectly fitted too so every time I applied some revs the engine shook in a scary way!

I went to collect a hoover in Watford the day there was something happening there a few months ago, took over an hour to get off the m25, then half an hour to get past the entrance to the place. Came back a different way.

That was with the cambelt incorrectly fitted too so every time I applied some revs the engine shook in a scary way!

That was the British Masters Golf I reckon.

Going forward... If anything else pops up around there that you fancy, I'm happy to collect and hold at your convenience. Or organise a courier if the vendor doesn't fancy it. No bother.

• 2 months later...

Winter flew past huh? Another season when the naysayers on PH were correct on the merits (or otherwise) of winter tyres, and another 4 months of complete over indulgence is...Err... complete.

Seeing as I had my first afternoon off work since November, I decided to go and give the bASe a spin. It started perfectly, almost too quickly. The work done on the ignition side of things last year has paid huge dividends. Last summer, I remember it taking 20 minutes to get it to eventually start.

There's still a bit of mould in the car, despite windows being left open and the like. I'll just have to live it with it tbh.

Anyway, a quick 5 mile blast was enough to blow away the cobwebs and let her stretch her legs.

Here she is, outside mine.

6979e151a237e2844fcacecc56b804d9.jpg

Yes, the presence of the car and that sold board are likely linked.

Planning on something a little special for its anniversary with us at the start of next month. From July, I'm also hoping to not work weekends for the first time in my life - so hopefully we can get out and about a bit.

Re the mould, have you used a specific mould and mildew cleaner or just upholstery stuff? You will need to kill the spores which soap and water won't.

Good Intel.

My brother in law runs a corporate cleaning company, so i will blag some chemicals from him.

Thanks dude.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I use Milton tablets in a spray bottle on the roof of my old cabriolet to clear any mold spores and it hasn't dyed the roof and if it can be used for sterilising babies bottles etc I doubt it would do any damage to the interior trim and I think a pack costs less than a quid.

But someone on here said you can buy it premixed but being a tight arse I'm sticking with the tablets, you can even go for boots own brand like I did if you want to be a real skinflint.

I use Milton tablets in a spray bottle on the roof of my old cabriolet to clear any mound spores and it hasn't dyed the roof and if it can be used for sterilising babies bottles etc I doubt it would do any damage to the interior trim and I think a pack costs less than a quid.

But someone on here said you can buy it premixed but being a tight arse I'm sticking with the tablets, you can even go for boots own brand like I did if you want to be a real skinflint.

Having four children, I'm 99% certain we still have some ready mixed in the cupboard.

Thanks for all your help.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk