The Autoshite holy grail is now one of us!

trigger

End of an era? More like the beginning of a new one.

The car could have remained where it was, eventually it would have passed the point of no return and bitten the dust.

The car has been given another chance. Emma should have been allowed the drive back.

I bet they don't get misty eyed over a base spec sierra on pistonheads.

This site definitely is what it used to be ( awaiting brickbats for use of the sentance).

UPDATE

(There is a very good chance that this will get a bigger cheer than anything today)

This is me breaking the news about the car's name to Emma...

attachicon.gifCapture1.PNG

attachicon.gifCapture2.PNG

All of a sudden, Midnite will come crawling back to the thread...

( . Y . )

I am glad I read ^^ about Emma because my heart was crying but now I am filled with admiration for her.

where ever her journey takes her etc etc she knows and it has all been said here anyway

Is it wrong to add that Sierra makes my cock cry?

Great write up enjoyed it immensely. Emma sounds great helping it happen so doubly heartbreaking to hear of her illness. I reckon once the Sierra Fund is up and running a chunk should be used to take her out for a meal or up-town or something. I'll happily chuck a few extra quid for that.

The whole naming thing sums up the general attitude on here. What a decent lot.

Just remember now, none of you who stepped up to the mark are owners; you have become custodians with a responsibility of maintaining the old girl to ensure her existence for many, many more years. Don't let it become like the Maxi thread which was bumped the other day...

Yes, DW review! (Or 320_touring)

I wouldn't say no to giving it a bloody good detail when the day comes... Good decontamination, wash polish and wax, plus some lovely trim gel would have it looking factory* fresh again

Only once we have shown it about filthy for a year of course!

I wonder why they did the grey grille? Was it to try and calm the shattered nerves of Cortina buyers, used to a big plastic lumpy front?

Pah! Who'd buy a Sierra when this was on the market at the same time?

post-5223-0-84673400-1459537784_thumb.jpg

;-)

Seriously though, my heart was been warmed by this thread. Even though the car itself isn't particularly desirable to me, just seeing it evokes plenty of memories. Well done to all of you!

What a great end to today's chapter of this epic story. Although I too have never named a car (called mine plenty of names though!) I am 100% for naming it Emma. I think a new number plate with the car's new name in small letters at the bottom would be modestly fitting. I have seen that done before.

Also, a bloody well warm welcome back to those who have been away from Autoshite for some time and have been prompted to return by this thread. Please stay!!

I wouldn't say no to giving it a bloody good detail when the day comes... Good decontamination, wash polish and wax, plus some lovely trim gel would have it looking factory* fresh again

Only once we have shown it about filthy for a year of course!

Sir, please PUT DOWN THE STARDROPS and STEP AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE.

;-)

There was a Merkur XR4Ti on EBay about 4-5 years ago, it was a resto project so don't know if it survived. Most notable feature was its huugggee bumpers and the presence of that unique phenomenan of the 1980's the RIchard Grant Backflash.

Top work there man! After you hear all these stories about probably unique cars getting bought then being adulterated with shit paintwork and making them look 'top spec' it's given me faith in society again. What's plans? Are you going to keep it as is or restore it?

I`m gonna miss it! I always used to go & see it when I was in the area  :-( 

Great to see it saved though, hats off to the guy who`s kept it going through sunshine, rain, snow & riots, without him, it would have been tuned into a Skoda, Mercedes & a Kia by now..

Sorry to hear about Emma, God bless her x