The Autoshite holy grail is now one of us!

trigger

I am actually cackling with laughter at the prospect.

I just love the idea of skizzer in a high viz jacket, marshalling the Sierra down the ramps of the trailer.... me, truckers arm already bronzed, gingerly reversing her down next to a concourse MK1 Ghia that's won "best in show" every year for the last eleventy years.

Park up. Say nothing. Dead pan.  

:-D  :-D great idea. Leave it as is, then at the show shout "shite, i forgot the tyre dressing"  :mrgreen:

I'm so excited about this! After a lot of umming and ahhing, I nearly went to view it this afternoon, but with talk of a group buy on the forum, I gave Skizzer a ring first. And now I have a part share in a grey grill Sierra!

The funds have been raised to buy the car, a deposit has been left with the dealer and it will be collected ASAP. Not by me I hasten to add, I'll be at work so will miss out on the actual collection excitement.

A crowdfunding page will be set up in due course, where people can chip in for any maintenance, repairs or new parts the Sierra needs.

AngryDicky has paid the deposit and BorniteIdentity and I are shaping up a plan to collect it tomorrow.  JohnK and Cheggers really got things moving in the background too.

Thanks to everyone who has said nice things and/or offered to contribute, we'll get something sorted over the weekend.  Much excitement all round!

YESSSSSS!!!!! GET IN!!

The best bit of news I've heard in a long time! So bloody excited for you chaps and so so glad this is coming to the Autoshite multi-story shite park.

I'm fascinated about the history of the car, where was it sold new and how long has it lived in London? It will be a poignant moment as it's driven out of London and beyond the M25 'barrier' for maybe the last time after a long time of being knocked about in the capital.

Also, is someone going to do the V888 thing? Will gladly put some money towards paying for that just out of morbid curiosity. Will also be chipping in for any fund that will be going ahead.

Well done again guys, on the edge of my seat for the collection thread. PLENTY OF PICS PLEASE!

A frame head restraints optional at extra cost

Yeah sorry should of really put that, I described the head restraints so people got the idea of the level of luxury* you could receive, they also sold optional push in cushions for the centres at extra cost

Look at all those blanking plates!

I feel the need to stump up some wedge in order to help out what is, according to the registration mark, a fellow Norfolk exile. If it's from Bussey's it would have come from over the road from school, if from Spruce Howlett I may have gone past it on the way home from aforementioned school.

Everyone knows mk1 sierra's get the laydees excited, they would take their undies off as they leave the house if the base was waiting for them outside

Reading that, plus the slogan from Triggers article 'Ford gives you more' had me laughing in a really immature fashion.

Look at all those blanking plates!

I feel the need to stump up some wedge in order to help out what is, according to the registration mark, a fellow Norfolk exile. If it's from Bussey's it would have come from over the road from school, if from Spruce Howlett I may have gone past it on the way home from aforementioned school.

On a side-note, I lived up the road from Spruce Howlett!

Thing is, they were only ever OK at best. Worth preserving, I guess, but there a zillion better cars for the price, most of which still have an interior.

A Peugeot 405 of similar vintage would be a much better car at a fraction of the cost.

I think you are missing the point here. It's a really rare model of one of the most significant new cars in the 1980's. You aren't comparing it to a 52 reg Astra or something.

If you promise to video a load of spotty 40 year old shit car enthusiasts break dancing to Ace of Bass in a London tube station, I'll weigh a ten spot in to your crowd fund.

This is just brilliant. I'll sponsor a proper front plate from DMB? Something like that's a fine thing to do, but I wouldn't be repairing wings and replacing the dash or anything.

Someone find some roof bars too!