Fucks sake fit a tracker.

Des

Those dirty pikey metal thieving cunts have moved onto stealing complete cars now that scrap's worthless, you may think you're safe because your car is low value, but do just check what it would fetch if breaking, that's what the filthy lazy sub-species will be up to, when they're not fucking their own kids that is.

IMG_9674.jpg

Sub £20 these days, they're good, been running one constantly for three years, just works, anywhere.

Below is the reply when I was abroad, went for a wander and like a wanker forgot where I'd parked, saved the day.

lat:50.089230 long:14.417822 speed:0.00 dir:11.
T:01/07/15 14:08
PWR:ON Door:OFF ACC:OFF
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=50.089230,14.417822&z=16

Fitted one today to a shitter of a campervan for my bruvs family, classic case of who the fuck would nick that utter heap of wank? But in spite of looking a rake it would easily break for a couple of grand. There's a bunch of wiring for all manner of features but we don't need to concern ourselves, just connect the red and black to a constant supply, add a sim card with a tenner on it, then there's two aerials, one GPS and one for the cell signal. I like to mount these well apart in case they meddle with each other, in this instance easily placed where there's no metal between them and the sky, on a car somewhere like behind grill or in a lamp can be nice, think signal access. 
Here it is mounted in a secret hidden place, quick half hour job as the interior will need to be all out to rebuild at some point, when it can be even better hid.
Easy peasy low spanner rating job, don't even need a spanner.

IMG_9677.jpg

Subhuman filth often abandon their booty for a day or so, this demonstrates the effectiveness of trackers as the cowardly hedgehog munchers fear being traced to their disgusting lair. Obviously this is where a fortunate owner might retrieve their wheels, or an intelligent one will think to wait in the back with a wheelbrace, don't kill the scum right away as you need to cut the fucker open while alive, try to find what's wrong inside the dirty shit eater bastards. When done, fuck the piece of shit into an old bathtub and pour in some traffic film remover until you've just the bones left, now pick these out carefully one at a time, drill an 1/8" hole in each end and cable tie to the next, use white ties. When it's all linked buzz a cuphook into the middle of the skull and hang it off an old standard lamp, should fetch enough off a medical student to cover a new quarter light, ignition barrel and a few quid for your trouble.

Agree with the basic message here, complacency is the problem.  Even though the Rover is low value and is equipped with a working alarm and immobiliser I'm still paranoid enough to fit a highly visible steering wheel lock to deter thieves further.  I hate that I have to put myself out to make my possessions secure, but I'd hate losing them even more so I do what I can within my means.

A determined thief cannot be stopped, no matter what you do, and there are those that know where to look for and how to disable a tracking device.  That's still no excuse for complacency.

An added bonus of trackers is that they can very often bring your insurance policy down regardless of value of vehicle so it can be a worthwhile investment particularly given how affordable this technology has become, cost of fitting should be more than offset by saving on insurance.

Those dirty pikey metal thieving cunts have moved onto stealing complete cars now that scrap's worthless, you may think you're safe because your car is low value, but do just check what it would fetch if breaking, that's what the filthy lazy sub-species will be up to, when they're not fucking their own kids that is.

IMG_9674.jpg

Sub £20 these days, they're good, been running one constantly for three years, just works, anywhere.

Below is the reply when I was abroad, went for a wander and like a wanker forgot where I'd parked, saved the day.

lat:50.089230 long:14.417822 speed:0.00 dir:11.

T:01/07/15 14:08

PWR:ON Door:OFF ACC:OFF

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=50.089230,14.417822&z=16

Fitted one today to a shitter of a campervan for my bruvs family, classic case of who the fuck would nick that utter heap of wank? But in spite of looking a rake it would easily break for a couple of grand. There's a bunch of wiring for all manner of features but we don't need to concern ourselves, just connect the red and black to a constant supply, add a sim card with a tenner on it, then there's two aerials, one GPS and one for the cell signal. I like to mount these well apart in case they meddle with each other, in this instance easily placed where there's no metal between them and the sky, on a car somewhere like behind grill or in a lamp can be nice, think signal access.

Here it is mounted in a secret hidden place, quick half hour job as the interior will need to be all out to rebuild at some point, when it can be even better hid.

Easy peasy low spanner rating job, don't even need a spanner.

IMG_9677.jpg

Subhuman filth often abandon their booty for a day or so, this demonstrates the effectiveness of trackers as the cowardly hedgehog munchers fear being traced to their disgusting lair. Obviously this is where a fortunate owner might retrieve their wheels, or an intelligent one will think to wait in the back with a wheelbrace, don't kill the scum right away as you need to cut the fucker open while alive, try to find what's wrong inside the dirty shit eater bastards. When done, fuck the piece of shit into an old bathtub and pour in some traffic film remover until you've just the bones left, now pick these out carefully one at a time, drill an 1/8" hole in each end and cable tie to the next, use white ties. When it's all linked buzz a cuphook into the middle of the skull and hang it off an old standard lamp, should fetch enough off a medical student to cover a new quarter light, ignition barrel and a few quid for your trouble.

I found the bit about the tracker interesting but the rest was like watching some sort of torture movie.

Smart water is GR8 but I hate to say it, how many people when buying spares check the stuff over when it arrives in the post from eBay or on some mush's tat stall at an Autojumble? Will be getting a tracker for the Austin forthwith, cheers DES

I like the attitude of time to do something about it.  Tracker sounds a good idea.  I am tempted to also make my own imobiliser by having a switch somewhere on the fuel pump line or something.  Might be ideal if it also puts the empty tank light on so they think there is no fuel.  

Other ideas on how to make them more difficult to steal welcome.  I guess everything can be got around, but it all makes it slightly more difficult.

Totally agree with Des on this one - why not fit a tracker when they are so stupidly cheap?

How does it work with SIM card though - don't mobile providers force you to 'top up' every month with additional credit?

I'd be interested in a link to the one fitted in the camper van.

At the moment all of my "not in use" metal have the batteries removed.

The Transit also has a standalone alarm & immobiliser and a good old fashioned steering wheel lock.

But, didn't realise tracker had come down so much, even Chinese ones! Details? Link?

I have used a couple of those trackers and they are great. I had fun with a car I sold my mate by not telling about it for a few weeks and doing his head my saying 'been anywhere near......... recently'. He was going nuts trying to work out how I knew. You can also set them to contact you immediately if the cars from a certain pre set area. I have it set as small as possible so will know if they move even a small amount.

But as with all security it's layers that count. A cheap baby monitor is great if it's garaged, visible security, removed batteries etc etc but most of all, try not to let the scrotes see where it's parked overnight.

I'm looking into getting a tracker suitable for a dirt bike . These cheapy ones obviously appeal but being cheap generic Chinese crap I worry about the water proofing / vibration resistance in that application .

My experience with Chinese no name shit is that it packs up exactly when you need it . Not handy once your bikes been nicked!

The favourite at the mo for me is the road Angel one as it also records your routes which is handy for trail riding . Bloody dear tho

We have tried these with the idea of tacking them into expensive push bike carbon fibre frames BUT we couldn't get them to work as a useful tracker,  try a interweb search of the numerous problems with these. The slightly more expensive ones which are a different type have real GPS and work much more betterer.   

Plus have your shite pile DNAed.

Since the threads of stolen shite are starting to pile up right now, I'd say everyone not having this stuff it's his own fault.

GTF!.......as much as I like the fact trackers are now cheap there is no fucking way in the world that having something stolen is your own 'fault'.........

Some networks ask you to top up every so many days but I think most are 60 or 90 now.

You could try Freedompop which is a free service offering 200mins, 200 texts and 200MB of data per month for nothing, but a quick look at their T&Cs doesn't reveal if you need to actually make phone calls to keep it live, or whether you could just lob the SIM in and never touch it again.

We have tried these with the idea of tacking them into expensive push bike carbon fibre frames BUT we couldn't get them to work as a useful tracker, try a interweb search of the numerous problems with these. The slightly more expensive ones which are a different type have real GPS and work much more betterer.

Yeah it seems those dirt cheap ones don't actually have GPS but try to get the location of the nearest cell tower, pretty useless

Proper ones start at about £15

Looking on retro rides even a smokey and the bandit trans am has been filched.

The price of anything retro/ rare is going up enough for some theiving bastard to have a go at stealing your pride and joy.

If I had anything interesting it would not be taken to shows or plastered all over the internet.

I would be mindful of any shithouses following me home as well.

My late father in law died a couple of days after my wife (then girlfriend) had her car stolen.

Sometimes it is more than just a stolen car.

Decent trackers are fine and I'm thinking of getting some.  I still think that multiple sturdy locks which secure the steering on full lock, handbrake on and transmission in gear are worthwhile.  They can all be cut off, but the time required increases the risk of the bastards being disturbed.  They also make the vehicle bloody awkward to drag off a driveway/out of a garage and on to a wagon.  Car alarms are as useless as house alarms.  No one takes much notice during the day and at night who gets out of bed to 'phone the plod?  Showing my age  - I don't sleep with an iPhone.

I have used a couple of those trackers and they are great. I had fun with a car I sold my mate by not telling about it for a few weeks and doing his head my saying 'been anywhere near......... recently'. He was going nuts trying to work out how I knew. You can also set them to contact you immediately if the cars from a certain pre set area. I have it set as small as possible so will know if they move even a small amount.

But as with all security it's layers that count. A cheap baby monitor is great if it's garaged, visible security, removed batteries etc etc but most of all, try not to let the scrotes see where it's parked overnight.

I did a windscreen repair on an M3 but the guy wanted it done in his garage.... Cable ditch diggers were in his street and he wouldn't have it seen on his drive!

TS

Buying a cheap CCTV system for your gaff helps too, the father inlaw has one, and because of it, he spotted two shitbags trying to break in to the next door neighbours Octavia taxi, the scroats were chased off, and the footage was passed on to the local plod. Even though our Mondeo is worth bugger all, I'm tempted to fit a tracker

Has anyone found a suitable sim to put in these?

Giffgaff is meant to be good, they don't force you to buy a monthly thing if you don't want to and data is 5p per mb which will take a very long time to use £10.

Having had this happen to me recently I will be getting one of these, not sure whether to go for the cheapest or for a uk stocked one with a decent looking tracking website for 40ish (rewire security one on t'bay.)