Sticking centre seatbelt MOT fail

sierraman

I had the same on a rear belt in my old Transit Minibus, it would unreel about 1/4 of an inch and lock. If I tried it really slowly, it would unreel possibly 8-9 inches before locking again. Turns out it was to do with the angle of the belt reel - I repositioned it and it worked perfectly. Possibly worth a try

I'm going to look like a right mug here but I've just gone out and given the back seat a proper slam back into the catch and it's worked. Thank fuck for that... Last time I had this I had to make one good seat up out of two which basically involved stripping the covers back and refitting them. I was spitting feathers by the end. Thanks for replying!

Little known fact: Only 2 belts are required in the back. http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_510.htm  Section J shows the relevant point. Cut/unbolt the belt, and take a copy of this printout.

My 406 estate I had some years ago had a knackered centre belt too, apparently wasn't testable according to my usual test station (don't know why), only the outer ones are testable for some reason.