Tyres, round and black.

Barry Cade

I like the Dunlop Efficientgrips. Grip well and most importantly they are quiet.

Got Kuhmos all round on the A4 but that's only because I lost a tyre after hitting debris on the motorway and thats all they had in stock. Had quite a few Kuhmos now. Not a massive fan. Grip is ok, but really noisy.

Got Uniroyal on the back of the TT and ditch finder Accelera on the front. Both are noisy. The Accelera on the front really meet the description of ditch finders. Literally can't handle 200bhp, despite being 245/35/19. 200bhp is not even a lot nowadays especially on a petrol engine with far less tyre shredding torque of a diesel. Full bore acceleration from standing will cause them to spin in first and second gear with the traction control fighting to keep things going roughly in the straight line. Cornering results in a lot of tyre squeal and not a lot of cornering. Mostly understeer and a panicking traction system.

I like Goodyear, Dunlop, Michelin, Toyo, Yokohama and Pirelli. Continental I find overpriced and overrated. Michelin are always the most expensive but usually one of the best - even if as good tyres can be had for a lot less. Avon are ok but a bit budget nowadays. Had Firestone previously but not seen ones in sizes I need for a while.

The rest I've not tried yet. Tyre performance heavily depends not only on the model but the size too. Some models can be better or worse, depending on the size it's classed in.

CrossClimates?  I paid £75 each online, including delivery and local fitting.

Could be, i was still spitting coffee over the keyboard when he said.

He’s only gone to KF as he has some % discount with them for twelve months with his new insurers.

I usually go for matching sets of either Uniroyal Rainexperts, Toyo NanoEnergy 3, Barum Brilliantis 2 or Vredestein Ttrac 2's depending on what's cheapest and also the weight of the car in question.

All of the above are around £30 a corner in 15" flavour and work well. The days of having to spend a fortune to get decent tyres are long gone thankfully.

All of the above are around £30 a corner in 15" flavour and work well. The days of having to spend a fortune to get decent tyres are long gone thankfully.

I wish any of my fleet could have decent tyres for 30quid a corner! I think the closest is the Austin 1100 if I have Chinese van tyres on it. The tyres on the TT are frighteningly expensive. Which is why it still has the Chinese deathrings on the front it came with. Staying on until they've worn down a bit and got some use out of them.