Cars that you forgot existed!

fatharris

Two Mitsubishi's (or Colt as they were when these cars were about).

Tredia

Cordia Turbo

The latter was the first turbo'd car I ever got to drive.

Incidently - Renault Fluence? Didn't forget about it 'cos I hadn't ever heard of it in the first place. 

New one on me - every day's a school day.

For making car's we'll never forget such as the Aventine & Vel Satis, in the 2000's Renault sure made a few yawn-box's, such as the...

Renault Modus,

Renault_Modus_Phase_I_1.6_16V.JPG

Honestly forgot about these until I got stuck behind one toddling along at 20 in a 50 zone  with no chance to overtake...

Guessing still see a few on the road, but never really cared until one annoyed me. 

And another almost extinct Nissan. The N10 Cherry estate. There was also a panel van version...

1280px-Datsun_Cherry_5_door_estate_1978.

And as well as an N10 van there was an F10 van. I remember there being one of these in Charminster near Bournemouth. It was sat in someones garden and I left a note once asking if they'd sell it but they never got in touch. It disappeared some time later, presumably scrapped. It was identical to this....

4042504840_9801134cdb_o.jpg

There are several Fiats from the pre500 era that never registered with me, the Sedici (Sx4), Idea and Croma (estate car only). IIRC Schumacher had a Croma as a company car at the end of his Ferrari days. The second Bravo only seemed to sell a few around 2008 as well - it must have been better than that, shirley?

No wonder virtually all Fiats bar the Panda/Punto are now '500' related.....

All those Dodges that suddenly appeared in about 2005 - Nitro, Journey, Avenger (a slur on Ryton's finest hour!), and promptly vanished when they canned the brand over here a few years later. Also the fact that Chrysler sold Sebring convertibles in RHD back in about 2000. 

The BH model Mazda 323. The model after it, the BJ (snigger) is super common but where did all the BH ones go?

There were never many of that 3-door 323P version around in the UK. Think they were only sold for a year or two around 1998?

For making car's we'll never forget such as the Aventine & Vel Satis, in the 2000's Renault sure made a few yawn-box's, such as the...

Renault Modus,

Renault_Modus_Phase_I_1.6_16V.JPG

Honestly forgot about these until I got stuck behind one toddling along at 20 in a 50 zone  with no chance to overtake...

Guessing still see a few on the road, but never really cared until one annoyed me. 

That's exactly what I came on to post. There was this ugly thing on a 55 plate in the company car park. I looked on in curiosity as to what this masterful piece of shite was and the badge said Renault Modus.

I can't ever remember noticing one before though must have seen plenty of them in the last decade.

I was offered one of those K12 Micra cabrios a while back. It had been put in a ditch so need a wing, door glass and a few dents dealing with but despite it being uber cheap I couldn't be arsed. I don't think they are worth enough for a repair to be viable and I certainly didn't want to drive it! I drove a 1.0L K12 Micra when they first came out and it was utterly miserable.

f9b2d23d9bad67ce7e0d9181e31dd688.jpg

f4bbeb298d036e7a356ffd2178a6c2ec.jpg

Baby lotus, with interior plastics supplied by Cadburys Dairy Milk.

So the mythical Proton Satria Neo does exist and that's what it looks like! I'm pretty sure I've never seen one but then again it's so forgettable I might have done and instantly forgotten it.