Cars that you forgot existed!

fatharris

• 1 month later...

There's a Grandis near me (at least I think it's still there) and I remember thinking when I first saw it that it was a bit obscure and I'd never seen another. Thanks to that brilliant autocorrect fail it will henceforth be known as the Mitsubishi Nebuchadnezzar - I actually think that's a better name than Grandis :)

Guest Hooli

ford-taunus-coupe-1_zpszbfbd9mw_edit_146

Cortina Taunus coupe 70s thing.

Cologne 2.0V6 or 2.3V6.

High up on the cool wall.

That would be top of the cool wall if it had a proper V8 about 5 litres big.

Anyone remember the Mitsubishi celeste? I lusted after one when I was 17 but ended up getting a Capri. I have been on the lookout ever since but have never seen one when I had any spare cash.

Granny Skut bought one new in 1979.  1600 GSR in Jannil Yellow with cream vinyl seats with orange cloth inserts.  It got passed down and was a family car for years.   It was the first car I ever drove on the road albeit illegally.   Steering was odd,   felt like it had liquorice for steering gear at low speed but very direct once properly underway.  

• 9 months later...

Holy Bumping of a thread batman! 

I feel this is worth it though. 

Earlyer in the week I was stuck behind  2012 golf convertible, seeing a new style Golf R go the other way while stuck in traffic it made me remember about the VW Golf R convertible. I couldn't remember if this was a real car that had a silly price tag or one of the crazy concepts VW show a the Worthersee festival.

I finally got round to checking and it turns out I was right! Back in 2013 VW offered you a 280BHP AWD convertible!

car_photo_562636.jpg?itok=paqlp6KX

Costing a shade under £40,000 in early 2013, you could get a PORSCHE BOXSTER for cheaper brand new, by about a grand! 

I honestly want to know how many were sold, how many in the UK and also I WANT TO SEE ONE! 

• 2 years later...