Semi live, all boring collectioning

barrett

Hiya. A couple of weeks ago I drove to north Yorkshire to collect a Citroen Visa and vowed that all future purchases would be made in more local counties. Today I'm going slightly further north for the new tat.

This meant a 5am wake up call, a quick shower and a nice run to the office in the BX to change cars. I don't like 5am.

post-3924-0-19125600-1458211824_thumb.jpg

Only one spot so far, but it was a good one. Absolutely mint, driven by a guy my age in proper 1970s geography teacher get up. Heroic.

post-3924-0-74156800-1458211324_thumb.jpg

I'm now in the little chef at the black cat roundabout on the A1. I've had a horrid bacon butty and a murky coffee. We're now travelling in style and luxury in the Taxi, avec trailer

post-3924-0-17282100-1458211434_thumb.jpg

Having sort of learned a lesson last time we now have three drivers, so so far I have mainly been snoozing and cuddling the dog in the back seat (not a euphamism). Next stop, Ripon!

Laterz!

post-3924-0-61580900-1458211775_thumb.jpg

Supremely envious!!! I won't feel bad about nabbing cros' A35 now. A model A convert friend of mine says these are proper good value for a vintage and surprisingly usable.

Is this one for the "oily rag" fleet??

My phone died in Yorkshire but needless to say we all got home eventually. Car is at a friend's house in Thame waiting for us to make some room. Twenty frigging hours it took, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

We had new tyres fitted on the way back, without taking it off the trailer. Surprisingly no one died.

post-3924-0-67985700-1458327876_thumb.jpg

I've just seen that Maxi on Facebook!

c675f906e3e425e95fa9a69663f8a2e7.jpg

Amateur. Try Slough to Carlisle IN a real Maxi automatic and taking 13 hours because opening the throttle more than a smidge makes it kangaroo like fuck, all because the (NOS) fuel hose was stripping itself internally and putting shit loads of rubber sediment into the carb.

(Maximum velocity <=40mph depending on gradient, not the best way of tackling the M40/M5/M6, spending 99% of the journey looking in the rear view mirror and wearing the indicator switch out).

Spot on kollekshun mind  8)

Obviously its not getting painted, I'm not a fucking idiot!

It does need the interior completely doing from scratch though, but it'll be done 'properly' unlike 99.9% of retrims.

Before hitting the road it needs a roof, some seats, the electrics, brakes and kingpins done. And that'll be it for the time being.

Oh and a windscreen I suppose because I'm a wimp.

PO is an inveterate collector of very early cars and has probably the world's best agglomeration of Veterans. He also has a net worth the size of some small countries. I've never dared ask what size trouser he takes.