badly modified cars

needforspeed

Back when I was a teen my dream was to have my car on the front cover of Max Power,Fast car, Revs etc

Bought all modified car mags etc

It was not till I grew up and got my 1st car I realised how much of a pita it was. Now I laugh at the 90s and early 00s fast an furious atyle s etc.

But secretly recently I have had a deep desire for some dodgy Nova or mk3 fiesta bodykitted and ICE'D UP lol.

Anyone got any taLes or pics of their modded cars that you regret now lol......

Where they all are now? - Probably most have been scrapped I'd imagine (despite the vast sums of money some of them cost to do). You just don't seem to see any about nowadays (I'm guessing that youngsters have to spend so much on insurance they can't afford to go the chav-up route) except for the odd 'cruise' or whatever it's called.

Oh my eyes, my eyes............... :-D

Like the bookshelf on the boot though and the smoothed rear door handles for the two-door look.

Was the bit of slab in front of the wheel in lieu of a working handbrake?

OK, OK, that's enough!

Actually, I quite like the wheels.

(I applaud your bravery for posting that picture on here).

This was my first car at aged 17

13114289514_19a8e8d47b_k.jpg1989 Vauxhall Nova 1.2 L by Alan Gold, on Flickr

Sick innit?

It has made me feel sick, innit. The Primera further on hasn't helped to be honest. I'm not against modifying, but it really is an art form. 

I like nicely modified stuff.

mk3estatenightmaresracing.jpg

But it's very easy to get modifying all wrong.

cnv00008.jpg

We would all have loved a RWD V8 at 17 years old, though!

Even though 'retro' wasn't big then, the fact that the Nightmares Racing Cortina above looks like an Ozzie surf wagon, would have got my vote even then.

Unfortunately, £2.5K p/a to insure a 1600 Primera a few years old, quashes those dreams lol.

Check this bad boy out, nothing to do with me re the mods, I just cut loads of bodykit and whaletail off to make it "more appealing"

IMG_0073.jpg

The gaffer tape improvements were totally down to me :-P

IMG_0074.jpg

Well fitted body kit, underneath bound to be fine :shock:

IMG_0078.jpg

Inside actually really fun place to partay (we did not).

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

LED chandeliers and shit -

IMG_0084.jpg

Worryingly I have much, much more, again, not of my doing, but I am guilty of purchasing said atrocities (apart from the Reliant kitten I chopped most of the roof off and turned into a cabriolet, put weller wheels on with leopard skin seat covers - all my own doing  :shock:  :-P , luckily no photo evidence exists of this I hope).

As a still-regular member of barryboys, the modified shitters are still out there, just in very small numbers.

That Primera took me back to my NPOC days too, only car I slightly modified!

I lurk on BB, but as you say, barely any properly wankered up stuff to be seen these days!

Your P10 looked clean. Bet it took ages to make the grille? :-)

You may see a partial glimspe of the mighty* Skymera in one of my pics lol.

Found another one, actually not too bad, apart from the achingly dull dizzler engine in these, would have been so much nicer in pez form -

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

Now I think back, it was the crappy performance that put me off keeping it, the engine was just too dull, and mpg not even all that impressive, the build quality of the mods etc was really pretty good otherwise :-D

Nah, I bought it off Martin (Prim-n-proper) to save the aggro, back then, I barely touched my cars!

Skymera is slowly getting rebuilt as well, Rob (forgotten the username, but the electronics guru) has taken it on!

Blast from the past with those user names!

Interesting to hear about the Skymera, last I heard yearssss back was that Andy EVO GT bought it and was reshelling it into a 4dr.

Someone should rip the front end off and convert a Stagea. imo.