Car hunting, URGH

Felly Magic

Plenty of us have been in similar situations, give it a rest.

You got lucky with the Focus being such a nice, tidy car and now you need something decent, cheap and quickly. Who gives a shit about cosmetics?

Clean cars can be money pits and rough looking cars well maintained.

Enjoy public transport

Felly I really feel for you.

It is a buyers market - but only really in densely populated areas.

If you live slightly out in the sticks then good cheap motors are at a premium.

I would only want an old car with two knackerd doors if it was virtually free.

Something will turn up.

Billy, an older car would be dead within a couple of months, the commute is all 70 mph dual carriageway, diesel is creeping up in price now, and diesels require more servicing than petrols, I detest diesel vehicles with a passion, MPG difference is negligible at 70 mph, shite power band, drony, and I hate the stench. Im after the best I can afford, because I need the car to last a while. Diesel fuel quality is rapidly dropping too, ether content is increasing as well as bio mix, and it's fucking diesel engines up a treat. 

Get this into your skulls, pre accident I was in a decent car, so why the actual fuck should I have to drive a car that is worse than the one I had before? I know none of you would want that if it happened to you, and if you say you would, you are lying

Normally I would advise buying privately and finding a genuine seller, but there is some advantage in purchasing from a local dealer - if anything does go wrong you have a minute chance of getting it fixed under the sale of goods act or whatever the legislation is, it seems you do not have the finances to run a cheapy motor and the unpleasant bills that often come along.

I don't mean to pry, but have you taken debt advice from someone like the Citizen's Advice Bureau? I used Step change when I was in the crap, and they gave very useful advice which took the pressure off day to day. I know how it feels to be so close to absolute poverty, which is ridiculous when you and your wife both have jobs, and having health problems is just the universe taking the piss :shock:

I hope all goes well for you, take a deep breath and keep on solving the problems, you will be fine in the end :-D

Get this into your skulls, pre accident I was in a decent car, so why the actual fuck should I have to drive a car that is worse than the one I had before? I know none of you would want that if it happened to you, and if you say you would, you are lying

Fair comment, maybe when you are 100% skint as fuck, being unable to get to work is actually better than being able to get to work in a car with a small dent in the door.

Billy, an older car would be dead within a couple of months, the commute is all 70 mph dual carriageway, diesel is creeping up in price now, and diesels require more servicing than petrols, I detest diesel vehicles with a passion, MPG difference is negligible at 70 mph, shite power band, drony, and I hate the stench. Im after the best I can afford, because I need the car to last a while. Diesel fuel quality is rapidly dropping too, ether content is increasing as well as bio mix, and it's fucking diesel engines up a treat. 

Because Transport.

If you read the thread, my daughter lost her beloved Beetle due to circumstances I won't go into again. She got nothing from the insurance, no courtesy car and is in counselling because of it all.  She now drives a £250 Almera because she needs to get to work. Hopefully by being able to go to work and saving up again she can get another Beetle. Anything with a bit of test, and reliable for as cheap as poss will buy time to find another diamond in the rough, and you can roffle the shitter on here to get a refund on it. Bank the rest of the payout and get yourself through this tough time.

Pushed below the poverty line my fucking ARSE!

Why should you drive a shitter? Be greatful you can afford any car you arrogant deluded wankpuffin!

Try going on another forum and see what response you get asking for a sub £700 car that's mint and meets your exacting standards and see how far you get.If I could go back in time I would gladly un write off your car to avoid the last 5 pages of complete toilet.Oh and

post-5728-0-46386500-1457994205_thumb.jpg

It's a funny thing that cheap car lark, the Council Estate has been my daily since 2012ish and is now the grand old age of 28. It's never put a foot wrong and gets horsed everywhere. It's got a dented wing and an odd coloured tailgate but it still managed to get me to my work despite costing £150.

My 50-quid, 19 year old 406 will no doubt be delighted to hear that it's "too old" for an 80 mile round trip nowadays, especially considering it's now it's doing 130 mile round trips on top of the 266,550 miles it already has on the clock.

I'd offer the Kia Pride into the mix but I actually like it so much I'd rather run it down to the quayside and give it a viking burial than let you run it down about the dent in it's rear quarter panel.