Car hunting, URGH

Felly Magic

There are 2 306's for sale locally, one is S reg'd, which tbh is too old and a cat C 2.0 HDi that is rather leggy, and we do not want a diesel, neither of us like diesels at all. 

Don't understand why an 'S' plate is too old, cars were generally simpler then

According to Autotrader there's 247 cars under £1000 in a 25mile radius of your house, surely one has to be up to your standards.

I mean this Focus looks lovely and a bit of haggling will see it down to £650-700.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201601089917136

Will phone about that Avensis tomorrow, ta

Tomorrow??

Oh, I'm sorry it's sold...

0.5/10. You'll never get a good car with that amount of effort. Sigh. Gone are the pre internet days of getting up before the papers were delivered to get on the phone first to get the pick of the lot. I put my trainers on before booting up Gumtree.

Disgusted of Fife.

According to Autotrader there's 247 cars under £1000 in a 25mile radius of your house, surely one has to be up to your standards.

I mean this Focus looks lovely and a bit of haggling will see it down to £650-700.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201601089917136

MOT expired last week on that one. Was on my list, but the seller clearly doesn't check his stock properly.  Under 200 cars when I last checked, ignoring anything under £500. Too many cars on trader with a cat C or D. I've been looking for the past week, checked the MOT history of the Focii at Claydon Autos, both aren't good, and the 2.0 will be bum raping for VED and fuel

Might be putting a ticket on it once it sells. Quite common in the trade for them to put a test on when it sells. If you don't ring up you'll never know!

When you say the MOT history wasn't good, what sort of stuff was up with it? I mean a £600 car lasts as long as it lasts, it's not going to live forever, if you get a year or two out of it you've done ok.

Come and get this, free to you!

P1040238_zpsauj3onb6.jpg

Drive back to a pre-booked test, spend a hundred or two having the brake pipes done and some fresh boots on it, job's a good one!

P1160574_zps5jpmcf5c.jpg

Genuine.

Been reliable for the PO, and it's new enough, right?

http://autoshite.com/topic/23820-another-day-another-free-car-free-to-you/page-1

how much would it cost to insure a 20 year old female student who passed her test in November 2013 (and has not got a no claims bonus)  and has an L37 post code. Could be the perfect birthday present.

That Avensis needs 2 doors btw due to a bit of careless driving, bent the skin back on the rear o/s door, and a nasty dent in the drivers door, which explains the low price,  but seller has a tidy Astra on a 51 plate I'm going to view that is in budget, is a 1.6 so not exactly a drinker, and has 12mth ticket with just 1 advisory of a misty shocker. It's about a 30 mile detour from the normal route home though, which we can ill afford

And Trigger, why the fuck can't I be picky over what car will suit our needs eh? I'm not going to buy something totally unsuitable with high running costs, just because it's cheap, that's a false economy. My average day is 14 hrs with the commute, I have my day off tomorrow to look, but I'm limited distance wise because the Mrs will have the rental car at work, and driving the Favorit now is a complete no no, as my right hand is severely weakened. I did that when hunting for the Focus, I couldn't use my hand properly for 3 days afterwards. That is something I don't think you can quite grasp, I'm utterly broke, I had to walk 3 miles each way  to view that Almera today, which in my state almost crippled me, but I had no real choice in the matter. I couldn't even afford the bus fare there and back!

Oh and BTW, to buy the Focus we had to get a loan out, which we are still paying for!

I don't think Trigger and the likes actually grasp how bad the financial situation we are in is, just picture needing to go shopping, but your bank account shows a minus figure, and that's just 2 days after pay day! That is every week for us atm, we are relying on family to keep us fed. 

I can understand Felly being generally pissed off anyway, when some fuckwit ambles into you and writes off your decent motor, then you have to face the snake pit of finding something else as good for the money. Would the insurance company give you another week or so of the Mokka?

I cannot get to view that Focus until Sunday, no transport, I will speak to the seller about it, but I suspect shoving ticket on will make the price jump above my budget, a Focus of that age & spec,  in good nick is a grand on a forecourt. It was in stock I noticed when I was looking back in late December. Given up about that Fabia, I suspect the seller's mobile has been cut off or they wrote down the wrong phone number after I've tried ringing about 30 times today, and got the same response. Not possible to connect, try again later. 

And by the way I was up til 2am trawling the internet for cars last night, there is only so much looking you can do, before saying 'fuck it'. I know I dropped lucky with that saloon, it was a great car, bloody rare, and was a private sale, seller knew about the speedo fault, which is why it was a cheap car. 

The car will be out there somewhere, but time and money are 2 key factors I do not have. May have to see if I can borrow the X reg Corsa of doom from work until I find a car, that's what i had to do when the Mrs killed the Almera

That Avensis needs 2 doors btw due to a bit of careless driving, bent the skin back on the rear o/s door, and a nasty dent in the drivers door, which explains the low price,  but seller has a tidy Astra on a 51 plate I'm going to view that is in budget, is a 1.6 so not exactly a drinker, and has 12mth ticket with just 1 advisory of a misty shocker. It's about a 30 mile detour from the normal route home though, which we can ill afford

I'm not going to buy something totally unsuitable with high running costs, just because it's cheap, that's a false economy. My average day is 14 hrs with the commute, I have my day off tomorrow to look, but I'm limited distance wise because the Mrs will have the rental car at work, and driving the Favorit now is a complete no no, as my right hand is severely weakened. I did that when hunting for the Focus, I couldn't use my hand properly for 3 days afterwards. That is something I don't think you can quite grasp, I'm utterly broke, I had to walk 3 miles each way  to view that Almera today, which in my state almost crippled me, but I had no real choice in the matter. I couldn't even afford the bus fare there and back!

I don't think Trigger and the likes actually grasp how bad the financial situation we are in is, just picture needing to go shopping, but your bank account shows a minus figure, and that's just 2 days after pay day! That is every week for us atm, we are relying on family to keep us fed. 

All of which leads neatly to your perfectly rational decision not to buy a diesel, or a car that's too old.

And yes I'm ruling out that Avensis, because of it needing 2 doors, that is enough to make it a cat D total loss, and I had a very tidy car before some utter fuckwitted inbred Suffolk moron wrote mine off, so why should I have to drive something that belongs in Copart? 

And I've got every fucking right to be utterly pissed off in this situation, it's pushed us below the poverty line, and put a massive strain on home life. I simply do not have the time to piss about looking for a car, but through no fault of my own I have to, I've no time for chancers, and lying sellers, and morons who put cars up for sale, then never have their phone on.

I just hope none of you end up in this utterly fucking shit situation me and the Mrs are in