Sir, you are an Oaf

fred

"Nah thats an SD eye

Nope SD eye.

Yeah they are SD eye's. "

"Ah, I see I'm in the presence of a man of rare and impeccable taste!

Tell me good sir, with your extensive knowledge of the British motor industry what did you think about Rover's attempt to rebrand the Metro in the early Nineteen Nineties?

Do you think they were correct to call it the 'Rover Eye Oh Oh'? " 

I remember once having some builders who were working on house across road come knocking on door because my range rover was parked there asking if I could move my jeep I just said I don't own a jeep

ive had the Cortina called a capri and once someone called it a corvette or the "my mate had a 3.0 ghia one" bearing in mind mine is a mk3

I remember one story a mate once told me a mate of his came round and said " ive got a corvette" my mate says really he says " yeah ive got a corvette" he goes outside to have a look and goes "no that's a chevette"

I don't mind people commenting and getting it wrong, it happens. No one knows everything. I even had someone call my SD1 a Rover Princess once LOL! And the Rover 75 has been called a Jag by my neighbour.

But what I do get annoyed with is people who refuse to take any notice and tell you what it is, one day I was buying new tyres for the SD1 and in conversation I mentioned 'SD1' to the main guy behind the counter, he looked out the window and replied 'Nah thats an SD eye'

No its an SD1.

Nope SD eye.

Is that why there's a Rover SD1 club then?

Yeah they are SD eye's.

What ever, can I just pay for the tyres please pal?

I really must sample a Skoda Octavia SD1 non turbo diesel sometime.

"Ah, I see I'm in the presence of a man of rare and impeccable taste!

Tell me good sir, with your extensive knowledge of the British motor industry what did you think about Rover's attempt to rebrand the Metro in the early Nineteen Nineties?

Do you think they were correct to call it the 'Rover Eye Oh Oh'? " 

the rover 4eye4 is vulgalours favourite

I do recall asking for a brake light bulb for my Ventora, at Fastcar in Bloxwich

''Frontera you mean sir?''

''No Vauxhall Ventora 1969 its a basic bulb''

'' You sure sir? I cant see it on the PC''

''FFS Look out the window - its parked up there ''

''Ahhhhhhhhhhh - MK3 Cortina you mean;;

Arrrrrrghhhhhhhhhh ....................................

I think the worst for me , is filling  up an  Opel Manta at the local pez station, and a ''chav replete with Tatts n beer can in hand''  shouted at my general direction

'' Thats one fucking nice  Granny coupé mate'' - I looked about and saw not the ''Granny'' but the sad inbred fecker was pointing at me , I just waved and made my escape

01chrysler300cdesign.jpg?mode=max&qualit

.....    " look there's a Bentley"

Mine was an estate and had the proper egg crate grille. The number of people who thought it was a Bentley or even Rolls Royce never ceased to astonish me.

Once, I was a witness to an accident in That There London and when I was giving a statement to the Traffic Copper he said 'and which vehicle were you in sir, the black Rolls?' It was dark I suppose.

Handily, the Daily Wail has consolidated a large collection of Oafs in the comment section of this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-3476983/The-54-000-Ford-Capri-Classic-s-just-936-miles-record-sale.html

All the classics are there, '3.0 V8 Capri', 'need paving slabs in the boot' etc.   Makes me laugh seeing them there but would get pretty annoying if it was your car at a show.