Collection Fred

Jazoli

Well it's not really as it involved a 2 minute walk round the corner!

Saw a one line advert on local FB selling page last night for a 'car, none runner, 6 months mot, £350'

Sent a cheeky message and it transpires it was on the next street being sold by a youngish woman who had decided to sell it as it wouldn't start one cold morning and she thought it was knackered and had ordered a new lease car through work, so I went for a look, it was a dead as a dodo so I sucked air in through my teeth and muttered about taking a huge gamble if it was a non runner and I'd take a punt at £100, which she readily agreed to so the deal was done monies changed hands and went back home.

Went back with jump leads and my focus and it fired straight up much to the obvious disgust of the seller who was watching out of the window so I gave her a cheery wave and left making noises like half a Porsche 911 (ahem)

Here it is in all its glory

296e8fa140a0d73fcfd7df8d8d572c50.jpg

db58c925bcae00139a0fc46a5ba3e0be.jpg

Found a major fault almost straight away, it had a dodgy connection on an indicator bulb, managed to effect a cost free and permanent repair by giving it a wiggle.

Apart from that major fault there's nowt wrong with it apart from needing a polish, it has a full and comprehensive history, lots of recent suspension and exhaust bits and a newish bluetooth mp3 stereo thingy, the youngest daughter is very pleased at present as it's now hers to learn in.

That kind of result would give me a warm fuzzy feeling for a couple of days, like I'm some kind of superior motor trader. Nice one, is it destined for the 'bay?

I'd not intended to buy it to be honest but you have to grab these opportunities when they come up, the car will be staying, even though I could probably get an easy £500 profit, the youngest has just turned 17 and laid claim to it the minute I brought it home, which is fine as I can use it as a spare car whilst doing a couple of jobs on the Puma and Focus and not stress if I break something whilst doing said jobs and have no transport to work.

Had a ftp today in this little thing, it was fine to begin with then first the rev counter died then it just stopped and wouldn't restart, a quick Google told me the crank sensor would be the most likely fault so walked the 20 yards to ECP and bought one, half an hour of fiddling around underneath and all is well ☺

It's a great little car for what I paid, I thought it would be dog slow but it's not bad at all round town and gets to 60mph quickly enough, not all vauxhalls are shit.