Project Capri. Back on the road! New earths.

danthecapriman

Madness isn't it what people do for cars!!

Looking at the car and pics now makes me feel really good I decided to keep it and persevere after what happened before. To think I'd very nearly decided to get rid of it.

It's part of the family though this car! I showed those pics to my mum and dad and they were just as over the moon with it as I am. My mum loves this car!

Tell you what else, doesn't the arse end look lovely now?

It was the first thing I noticed was how nice the back of these cars is without the rubber spoiler on it. It makes them look much 'softer' and less aggressive I think. More like a 70's car than the mk3 with its more 80's macho looks.

Madness isn't it what people do for cars!!

In a way, but this is something which sums it up nicely to my way of thinking:

Sometimes, others may not understand why you like a car so much. Sometimes, you may not even understand why you like a car so much. But none of that matters; all that matters is that you like the car, and having it makes you happy.

Nice one Dan.......that looks pretty damn good, well worth the hassle etc.

And look what just appeared in San Fran.........if you fancy another project.

https://goldcountry.craigslist.org/cto/d/76-ford-capri-28-v6/6482291182.html

Nah...

Dan needs to broaden the scope of his collection.  Looks like you're making another trip to El Cajon :shock:

https://www.1ownercarguy.com/1986_Merkur_XR4Ti_El%20Cajon_CA_15323099.veh

That looks awesome Dan, I'm really pleased for you. I can only dream of one of my own cars getting this sort of treatment.

Now you need to fit a towbar and drag a Monza caravan around Wales, as we did with ours back when I was a youngster.....

5655308556_2dcbc7c1db_b.jpg

1976 Ford Capri and Monza caravan in Wales, 1977 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Nice one Dan.......that looks pretty damn good, well worth the hassle etc.

And look what just appeared in San Fran.........if you fancy another project.

https://goldcountry.craigslist.org/cto/d/76-ford-capri-28-v6/6482291182.html

4 speed , top loader ..yo.....Yank phrases are soooo cool . My mates Camaro had a Muncie rock crusher box !  How hard is that ? Was always breaking anyway but the name sounded bullet proof 

Thanks everyone! Seems to have gone down rather well!

One thing I will say at this point.

Id just like to say a massive thanks to a person on here who I'll not name as I think they'd prefer to remain anonymous. But you know who you are!

Without whom this whole thing would very likely not have happened and I'd almost definitely of had to get rid of the whole car when things went wrong.

I owe you one big time!

This is another one of those times where people on here have pulled out the stops and helped a shiter in need. And if it wasn't for this place I'd likely never have met them.

Autoshite - great place, great people in it!

Just read this thread from top to bottom over the last hour or so. Your capri looks fantastic. Nice to see another base spec car being saved. I remember seeing a capri shell on a trailer last summer before I joined 'shite. Wonder if it was yours.

Also glad you like the Pass Cafe, it's just round the corner from my depot and a lot of the blokes at work have a lunch there. He's got a second hut where Chichester Halfrauds is as well.

Just read this thread from top to bottom over the last hour or so. Your capri looks fantastic. Nice to see another base spec car being saved. I remember seeing a capri shell on a trailer last summer before I joined 'shite. Wonder if it was yours.

Also glad you like the Pass Cafe, it's just round the corner from my depot and a lot of the blokes at work have a lunch there. He's got a second hut where Chichester Halfrauds is as well.

Thanks!

Last summer was when I moved the car to the new bodyshop. It went on a flatbed trailer behind my dark blue Volvo estate. The new places I've been using are in Lavant and the painter in Bosham so it most likely was mine.

Good to see another local shiter!