Project Capri. Back on the road! New earths.

danthecapriman

Ok guys and gals, now last weeks 'unpleasantness' is thankfully behind me I've been in touch with the guy doing my work and made arrangements to go see the car on Friday morning. Really sorry I've not been able to get you all some pics up to now, it's just not been great timing so far this year.

Trust me though this is gonna look fugging ace! I can not wait to see it!

At the same time I'll be taking the cars glass - windscreen, tailgate screen, and pair of 'D' windows. Aswell as a complete set of brand new rubbers and chrome trim inserts. Also going at the same time will be the new headlining kit (incl old headliner as a pattern) and the steering wheel as that's now needed.

Once again, sorry for the delay but watch this space. Not long to wait now!

Aaaaaaaaaargh!

I saw this thread and sat here telling my brother about the Capri...

Scrolled down and... Disappointment.

I'm surprised you can hold the excitement in Dan, you'd have to peel me off the ceiling

What a tease

It's driving me fucking nuts!!

One thing after another delays things. Work mainly but I'd have been by now already if I hadn't had to go up north for a family funeral last week. This one event really has been awful to deal with since just before New Years tbh.

Still, it's done now and things can move on.

Just keep sitting on the edge of your seats until Friday!

Earliest I can do unfortunately. I'm busy working every other day!

I need to dig out some old towels and blankets to protect the glass during transport too. I'll run it down in the van, grab some snaps then stop off round the corner at one of my fav cafes for a full English! Nice easy day for me!

Where are you going for breakfast?

Here https://www.welliescafe.co.uk

It's on a converted farm now tiny business park type thing very near where the Capri is, so it'd be rude not to stop by. Good food too, not the cheapest but very nice, the cafe itself is nice too. I had a hot chocolate last time, came out with cream and marshmallows and chocolate powder dusting on the top! Lovely!

That looks good!  We might be forced to have a lunch stop there when we're down your way!

It's nice in there, worth going if your near.

This place is absolutely mustard though! https://www.thepassstreetfood.co.uk

More of a lunch or afternoon thing really though.

It's more of a burger van style thing but it's not your average burger van! It's a special menu done by a chef and all handmade.

Again, not the cheapest but these burgers are unquestionably the best I've ever eaten hands down! The 'ultimate ultimate' is truly exceptional. Absolutely gorgeous!

There's one of his places just off the A27 at Westhampnett not far from Goodwood circuit. Could make a nice little day trip for you?

Volvo's loaded up with bits and the Capri's full compliment of glass. It's all well wrapped with towels and bubble wrap, fingers crossed it makes it without breaking!

Tomorrow I'll go drop these bits off and get some snaps of the new paint job in all it's blue glory but first I found these...

39125673625_0a5d328531_o.jpgFord Capri BBK244M by Dan Clark, on Flickr

The last bits of the car in Roman Bronze. A chopped off lump of the rotten scuttle panel (now replaced) and the old fuel cap door which is rusty in places and also now replaced for a good used part.

Anyway updates will follow tomorrow, hopefully about lunch time-ish if your that bothered!

All the running gear and suspension went together perfectly, no drama whatsoever. There's a few bits still to tweek like the front lower arm bushes need changing, and the rear ARB wants adjusting slightly as the car sits slightly pissed at the back. The front strut top nuts need changing too as the new refurbished top mounts are very very slightly different to the worn out originals and the new nyloc top nut won't tighten down quite far enough so the original non nyloc nuts will be cleaned up and reused instead.

Literally everything else went together brilliantly.

I've dropped off the new headlining kit, with fucked original as a pattern. That's going in next, hopefully next week.

All the glass will follow complete with new seals and trims.

Once that's all in it'll be time for the engine and box to go back in.