Project Capri. Back on the road! New earths.

danthecapriman

Base eh?

Cor, that blue one at the bottom! Nice.

I like the low spec ones, they're so much less fussy and have a nice clean smooth look without side trims and vinyl roofs etc etc.

No idea why it's listed as a saloon? Hatch or coupe would be more accurate.

These base spec cars are also supposed to have a unique dash facia. They have a two dial facia but instead of being wood effect they are all black with a 'crackle' style finish.

Mine has the wood style because I think it looks much nicer, but I've still got the black original. Question is, do I reinstall it?

Cor, that blue one at the bottom! Nice.

I like the low spec ones, they're so much less fussy and have a nice clean smooth look without side trims and vinyl roofs etc etc.

No idea why it's listed as a saloon? Hatch or coupe would be more accurate.

These base spec cars are also supposed to have a unique dash facia. They have a two dial facia but instead of being wood effect they are all black with a 'crackle' style finish.

Mine has the wood style because I think it looks much nicer, but I've still got the black original. Question is, do I reinstall it?

Go for the original dash for the full base model experience!

You will see this more than any other part of the car and if you change it there will be that little niggle in your noggin saying, "I prefer the wood effect".

So it's a No from me.

I think I'd maybe go for the plain black dash but would compare a couple of pics. The 70s wood veneer could look very cool indeed with brown seats.

The base models do show the clean 70s lines of the Mk2. I used to be fascinated by the detailing on 70s cars. Most of the pics and paintings I did in primary school involved a Cappa. Christmas cards, the lot.

I do prefer the wood so I'll stick with it I think. Nobody else is ever likely to own this car anyway so I'll make it the way I want it. The black original is always there if I change my mind and it's not hard to fit anyway. All that is a long way off yet of course.

I went through some boxes of its parts today, I've tried to find everything that's going to be needed for the bodywork and assembly, and suspension related stuff.

I've boxed it all up ready to go along with the big pile of panels. Luckily the last place boxed and bagged everything when they took the car apart and it's all labelled up for what it is. Well, most of it is anyway, there's a few things that aren't but I'm sure I'll get by.

I'm really not looking forward to the moving day at all!

I've always loved the Capri, esp the mk2, would love a 1600L in dk green with BVR, good luck with this Dan, I've fond memories of Capris when growing up, there were 3 in our family at one point, my family at that time were proper Ford lickers

Spent the day today putting a few finishing touches to the Capri's new garage. Just boring little things really.

Then I decided to decorate!

35458893322_e0af1ffc69_o.jpgIMG_0462 by Dan Clark, on Flickr

Should be a bit more room in there after Wednesday once all the panels have gone so I'm going to screw a few extra braces to the inside of the walls and the roof 'A' frames. Should help it withstand high winds etc in future.

Spent the day today putting a few finishing touches to the Capri's new garage. Just boring little things really.

Then I decided to decorate!

IMG_0462_zpspuisxqt4.jpg

Should be a bit more room in there after Wednesday once all the panels have gone so I'm going to screw a few extra braces to the inside of the walls and the roof 'A' frames. Should help it withstand high winds etc in future.

too regimented needs moar random

too regimented needs moar random

I like tidy and orderly! Some of it'll probably need moving anyway as I might need to fix a few 'storm braces' to the walls where the plates are yet.

I had a quick run out to make sure I know where I'm going tomorrow. Seems simple enough to get to. Volvo is gassed up and ready to go. Nothing left now but actually doing it.

I'll try to get a pic or two tomorrow if I remember.

Random can happen very rapidly all on it's own, especially in winter.

Moar security tho, definitely.

Yes definitely! I've got to finish the doors off yet, there's a big gap between at the moment. I'll get a more heavy duty lock and I think I'll get some heavy duty hasp and staple type locks and padlocks to back it up. At the moment I've parked another car up against the double doors so they won't open.

Ultimately it's a wooden building though so if someone wants to get in bad enough they will do. I've got my shotgun loaded and ready if it comes to that!

I'll drop the car off tomorrow and then run through the main things with them regards to what still needs doing etc. I'll get them to spend a day or whatever to get me a rough price for the work before anything starts. I've already had one rough estimate from the guy but he needs to see it really before it can be that accurate.

And I'll ask the obvious about payments etc and rough time frame, though that's not a big deal really.

Anyone think of anything else?

I like tidy and orderly! Some of it'll probably need moving anyway as I might need to fix a few 'storm braces' to the walls where the plates are yet.

I had a quick run out to make sure I know where I'm going tomorrow. Seems simple enough to get to. Volvo is gassed up and ready to go. Nothing left now but actually doing it.

I'll try to get a pic or two tomorrow if I remember.

its the fact that the number plates are in pairs that i find a bit regimented