Chevrolet Lacetti "Sedan"

Hey I saw one of those Chevrolet Lacetti things today and for once it wasn't the 5-door hatchback (which has little appeal to me) or the 5-door "station wagon" (which has slightly more appeal to me), it was the seemingly super-rare 4-door sedan. I don't think I've ever seen one for real before, which isn't a great sign considering it was on a 55 plate.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Superb! I imagine they'll be as thoroughly impossible to sell as the Suzuki Baleno saloon or similar.

Certainly ticks all my boxes anyway - it's an intermediate-sized 4-door with an unappealing plasticky interior. I'd love one! When they're £500. Probably soon.

These things are common in Thailand, but they call it "Optra". They also sell an estate version (very unusual for that part of the world).

Posted Image

Don't even know if that's available here. Probably assembled locally (or elsewhere in ASEAN) for competitive pricing / tax evasion reasons.

They have the same technology as most of GM's European cars. The Daewoo Nexia was the same as a mk2 Astra and the mk1 Lacetti was the Astra mk3's far eastern brother. There's loads of the Lacetti's with those XE's in there! Not sure if some of you didn't know that. ;)