Scrappers: Back In The Yard BBC Two Tonight

UmBongo

The cars that they scrap must go "thru the books" because of all the regs about documents for the car + the scrapping regulations (DVLC) but surely all the "spares" side is not going "thru the books"  (anyone can buy a Chit Book).Just in case any autoshite guys want to return fucked parts.

Last time I used a scrappy was for 4 plain wheel studs (non locking) for shite fucus,The guy delved his mitt into a bucket full,pulled out 4 rusty studs "£12.00 mate,take em or leave em?"

I took them as I had no choice at the time (shite was at home in the road on axle stands)

Bet that £12 went down well in the ale house that night! 

Used to be a great scrappy,the boss would say Yeah try over, there for whatever,you'd get what you wanted and extra switches etc (good pockets on thos Parker Jackets) take the part to him that you came in for ....and pay,and on the way home check out the little extras in your pockets.

The scrap firms nowadays you tell them at the counter and they pic the part themselves,if it's not on their shelves of tat.

Wonder if that scrappy in Burscough way is still going...that had cars stacked so high it resembled the New York Skyline!!

Probably all new house's there now...

/\ That first part is not entirely true though, I've had three taken now and I still have the log books,

Just goes to show,we've got ads in the local paper saying "we'll take it away and do all the paperwork,stay within the law" yet right above there's a big ad states "old and ugly or nice & new top prices paid "200-£10.000" no mention of any laws or paperwork??

Used to be a great scrappy,the boss would say Yeah try over, there for whatever,you'd get what you wanted and extra switches etc (good pockets on thos Parker Jackets) take the part to him that you came in for ....and pay,and on the way home check out the little extras in your pockets.

The scrap firms nowadays you tell them at the counter and they pic the part themselves,if it's not on their shelves of tat.

That'll because of the amount of thieving bastards helping themselves to switches and whatever else.

At the end of the day, the scrappy has to buy every single piece in the yard, why should people feel it's OK just to take what they want and not mention it?

It's theft.

You'll go to Morrison's, buy the milk and coffee and stick the biscuits in your pocket will you?

How do you justify plain theft?

It's probably possible to exist as a scrappie by just selling parts via the net, my paranoia would kill me if I thought people were nicking stuff. That said at one of the yards I go to it's the only way of getting anywhere near value for money given the mental prices he asks for shite parts  

Last series he had a Hyundai or summat, looked like it was a scrapper that was still running so he took it home.

Now he's got an AMG Merc, his lad has a Merc, and his wife has a typically garish Range Rover. And they have a house filled with expensive pointless crap like a miniature open fire in the middle of a table.

I'd tap the fat lass in the office though.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

Could not stand more than one episode. Surprised I even sat through that, though I did have another window open at the time looking through forums so that probably explains it.

They only seem to employ scumbag morons, further pushing the public image that anyone who "spanners" a car must have clearly failed at school and is unworthy of an office job. Shit like this makes my blood boil.

Also, the fat ugly burd in the office talking about giving the 'fit one t' job'.

Reverse the genders and the beeb would be bending over backwards to appease the feminist columns.

You'll never meet a rich scrap man, you'll only meet one that says he just scraping by. At least according to what they'll tell the HMRC.

As an employee of HMRC I can also confirm that I have never met a single taxi driver who earns more than £6000 a year. Aye, mate, chinny reckon...

Has a former taxi driver I would agree. To be fair though I know a few who had to pay £15,000 tax bills due to using some dopey chap to do the accounts for them because to qoute " I only pay £100.00 to get my books done, your an idiot for paying £350.00 to a proper accountant" . Yes I am , but I haven't got a huge tax bill have I ? I once knew a driver who put one amount on his tax return and a different amount on his tax credit application. He was then amazed when the inland revenue wanted a word with him.

Watched this the first time round, I thought it would be mildly interesting about the car scrap trade but it doesn't teach you anything. Its just a fly on the wall watching some knobs messing about, while the TV producers look for cliff hangers, there aren't any though.

Like The One Show, this is just filling airtime.

Yes but I spend half an hour slavvering over the gorgeous Alex Jones.