Scrappers: Back In The Yard BBC Two Tonight

UmBongo

A new land rover type thingy and a new merc in the drive and no sign of the Kia even though they struggled that much they liquidised the business and bought it back to keep the staff in a job,

I like the programme, and them as a couple, but that 'we didn't want to owe people money but had no choice' is a bit of a twattish thing, when they subsequently managed to buy the business back with some cash they had. I'd like to have seen the people they owed money to being interviewed, because I've seen a couple of small businesses being wiped out by people like that who just start again without a care in the world.

I've worked for a twat who had no care in the world, he failed to give customers refunds for incorrect car parts that got returned, owed thousands upon thousands of pounds to parts suppliers, owed tens of thousands to the tax man and this was repeated each time the company name was changed, my moral fibre was too strong and used to help the customers get refunds, i took many a bollocking from him and his con artist step son for doing it but at least I could sleep at night

I missed the bit where they sold a shiter some old parts, he asked for a refund and was taken round the back to be beaten senseless by the broken-nosed gang.

The Rod Stewart impersonator was shite!

The women are not just orange, they're super orangey-orange.

It's quite entertaining, though.

They've glossed over it a bit but basically the between the series the business went into liquidation, they bought back the assets and restarted the same business on the same site whilst doing their best to pay some of their debts or something.

Sounds well juicy but it only got a passing mention.

Likewise the accident that caused HSE to be all over them, only a mention that it was quite bad and involved cutting equipment.

Have tried to find out from the HSE website but the accident must have been post reincarnation as the only recorded incident for Metro Salvage is a warning from 2014 that having people working underneath as the grab swings cars about probably isn't alright.

They don't half fly by the seat of their pants in scrapyards anyway. The one local to me has folks taking gearboxes out of cars supported on bricks and old tyres, forklifts badly loaded with cars teetering on the edge of them. I think a career in a scrapyard has about as much prospects for a long life as a bout in the foreign legion.

I counted 22 employees, I've seen businesses go bust where Family expect their kids to be employed

The 16 year old ginger kid is a cousin

22 wages, scrap had a high price of £240 per tonne, it's £20 per tonne, if you got used to the prices and bought machinery and employed people at the height of prices, it's going to be tough to keep going

When that orange bint insinuated that ex-Army employees would be as bad as the ex-cons that they already employ because the ex-Army blokes would all have PTSD I wanted to kick her in the cunt. What a crass and ignorant thing to say. Hope they go out of business for that.

Watched this the first time round, I thought it would be mildly interesting about the car scrap trade but it doesn't teach you anything. Its just a fly on the wall watching some knobs messing about, while the TV producers look for cliff hangers, there aren't any though.

Like The One Show, this is just filling airtime.

Well that was a bit crap, all show by the looks of it for HSE. Also I can't stand people pleading poverty while they have nearly 100k worth of cars on the drive. I'm not saying they've not gone through a tough spell but I've known pleanty of business owners who have chucked their own money into a business before calling in the adminstrators.

You don't get a real feel for the scale of the business but if they've got 30odd on the books it's not going to be a run in the park managing that lot.

It's seriesd linked to record, weather I'll watch them or not remains to be seen.