Moogs Motahs - sinking the seat

The Moog

Knockhill have an official limit of 100db but, in reality, nobody gives a toss
same story down at teeside apparently 
I would be deaf before I got there!

It's the drone that's the real pain in the bum.

Would putting a cat in the way improve things do you think?

Mine is used for commute and plus driving 3 hours up for knockhil etc.

Hot rod garage have fitted a new exhaust with a cutout and an app to control the noise. Which meant I had a strange dream last night about Northern Monkey doing an A team job of fitting the old rear exhaust with a pull switch between the noises!

Ultimately if I can get rid of the drone via refitting the cat or a silencer then that is ideal. Although sensible answer is just to put the old one back on.

mx5parts have these on special just now, register as a new customer and get an additional 10% off

https://www.mx5parts.co.uk/stainless-steel-exhaust-parts-single-exit-mk1-p-1114.html

they are well built and sound juicy without being over the top, I'm sure you could sell the bean can on to one of the drifto lot and recoup a few bob

image.png.586f36a38f5bf3f03b24f687ae7bc1a6.png

mx5parts have these on special just now, register as a new customer and get an additional 10% off
https://www.mx5parts.co.uk/stainless-steel-exhaust-parts-single-exit-mk1-p-1114.html
they are well built and sound juicy without being over the top, I'm sure you could sell the bean can on to one of the drifto lot and recoup a few bob
image.png.586f36a38f5bf3f03b24f687ae7bc1a6.png
I may have been viewing that before you posted!

To be honest I would be better off sticking old one back on and spending cash on soemthing else.

So I took a quick spin to the shops yesterday in the mx5 with the potato cannon... it is ridiculous.  You cant give it the beans as pensioners fillings rattle as you go by! 

Its not so much the loudness as deep bass resonance. It will have to be changed - Missus Puss has said either the exhaust goes or the car goes. So of course I am going to probably find a way to quieten it a bit rather than put the old one back on. 

Fleet update

SMART car is staying and will be off to Northern Monkey Motahs for new tyres, sort out oil leak, front discs and pads, engine mounts plus a service. Its too cheap to run for Missus Puss to sell and now she has got used to the paddles it has made it much more driveable. 

Peugeot has been paid for and collection has been arranged. It is going to a good home - I will miss it but at the moment it doesnt occupy a niche in my fleet. It was saved from scrap so that is a good thing. 

Rover has got about 50 watchers on ebay but not a sniff.  When I get back from Holidays I am going to do a no reserve auction I think. 

My life is going to get a bit more complicated with the arrival of some furry friends in the not too distant future - meaning I will need an estate car again, so the golf and the Rover will need to be liquidated for some cash. 

Would the golf not work with the rear seats down to give extra space?
Or is it just time for a change!
There isn't that much room in the back plus it is quite high to get in and out of.

It is likely that we will be getting 3 bigish dogs so they will need space and to be able to be secured in back

23 minutes ago, NorthernMonkey said:

What you need* is a lime green Vito.

Transported Mrs NM, myself and three totally hyped Spaniels to Doncaster and back for a fun dog show yesterday in total* comfort.

I thought the mystery machine was a keeper? 

15 minutes ago, snagglepuss said:

I thought the mystery machine was a keeper? 

I didn’t say this lime green Vito, just lime green Vito.... 

Though even keepers have to move on to pastures new eventually.....this weeks plan is to get the P38 back on the road as it’s got comfortable seats ?

31 minutes ago, NorthernMonkey said:

Though even keepers have to move on to pastures new eventually.....this weeks plan is to get the P38 back on the road as it’s got comfortable seats ?

And you miss the beep beep beep..........

1 hour ago, Tickman said:

I can recommend Volvo estates for dog transport and some comfort too.

I think this may be the path as if it is Auto then Miss Puss can drive it as well. 

28 minutes ago, hairnet said:

Saabnuts has spare holden

Not sure doggies will leap into that beast! 

1 hour ago, NorthernMonkey said:

Wasnt there a saab estate that you didnt want .... i can do a good swap for a rover 

• 1 month later...

Bit of a puss update

Mx5 - Mx5 exhaust is back to being big and boomy after it shot it's load under power! Aside from that BAL is moving on to pastures new in a slightly convoluted swap deal

Smart - just been serviced by NM Motors (highly recommended) and it is much perkier than before plus stops after new front brakes. Missus Puss loves the little thing now although she wants a set of tyres fitting. I have ordered a set of cheap winter tyres from tyre leader and will get them fitted.

Rover - as seen elsewhere some utter bell end on eBay won it then was a knob. Took the wind out my of sails as I was looking forward to the car going. I taxed the car and have been driving around in it for a few days. It is a lovely car but sadly just doesn't fit any car niche for me. I am hoping to move it on through AS as there are distinctly less cockwombles on here

Golf - is just a car. I really like it as it is competent and does good Mpgs. With fleet rearrangement it will be up for sale next week.

So that will be 3 cars out with 2 to come in hopefully in the next few weeks. One of which is my current dream car - both from AS members.

FFS

c3e0d4e8f6a25796b88901184b4649d6.jpg

Coming to the roundabout car cut out and wouldn't restart. Only just put £30 of fuel in.

Luckily Northern Monkey and Missus Northern Monkey came and gave me a tow home.

Some initial diagnostics show there is fuel to the filter, there is a spark from coil (although a little weak) but car won't run on easy start.

Think it might be crank sensor so one ordered from eBay.