Moogs Motahs - sinking the seat

The Moog

Just logged in hoping to see you'd got home without any bother... argh.

Honestly got no idea what the overheating is about, that's a new thing - it never once did that in the 4 1/2 years I had it.

I had just been sitting with engine running and not moving so might just be fan relay or similar.

All fun and games.

Autoaid said my policy had expired (said it was only for a month) even though took money out yesterday for my yearly policy - so have had to stick the recovery on my credit.card and will phone them tomorrow to sort it out.

• The Moog changed the title to Moogs Motahs - BX toys out of pram

I don't see what would make it that time consuming. Obviously there's a couple of extra things to deal with compared to a 405. The regual

3 minutes ago, The Moog said:

That's better news as this said 8 hrs

0407ce3c5f2ff95a734251471c4ef4c0.jpg

There's a few extra things to do on a BX over say a 305, the hp pump bolts to the top of the gearbox doesn't it? Also, the regulator and flow diverter need to be unbolted. But as far as I remember they can be pushed back out of the way without breaking into the hydraulic circuits.

I'd say the Autodata figure is doable with a lift and gearbox jack.

11 minutes ago, Austin-Rover said:

That roundabout is about a quarter of a mile from my house. I think some Autoshite flares are needed, or some sort of Autoshite Bat-Signal that can be sent up to attract the attention of local shitters! 😄

Was trying to figure out where it is from the picture but it doesn't look familiar from that angle. Bradley bar?

Yep I think NM said it was Bradley Barr roundabout.

All back safe and sound. I have randomly sort of abandoned the BX in front of my house - mainly cause we have got new neighbours moving in so had their rental truck taking up space.

Missus Moog has tutted a lot. Apparently it is a rusty old heap - promises have been made to reduce the fleet to 1 estate sooner rather than later.

Nice to meet Mr S Angel, that Ami is a delight.

Plan of action is to get BX a bit more out of the way. Then book some time with Monkey Motors to have a look what is up. Hoping it isn't the clutch fork as that's the only bit not purchased.

Also need to phone Autoaid to get cost of today refunded

• The Moog changed the title to Moogs Motahs - Clutching at Bxs

Question for those who know Bxs - what would cause the clutch to go to floor and stay there?

I can't get into the car at the moment to have a root around, as is blocked in.

The reason I ask is that I want to order any bits I might need to fix the clutch and get it back up and running.

So far got clutch cable, clutch kit, driveshaft seals and crank oil seal.