Force Hail! Rover 75 2.0 V6 manual £100 SPEARS OR REAPERS

aldo135

Well, got it home and lost 1st and 2nd gear, further investigation has revealed........gearbox is knackered, rattly noise im guessing was the selector fork breaking up and floating about inside, so, now looking for gearbox

UPI at Inverkeithing had 2 or 3 75's in when I was there couple of weeks ago.

But the big, some would say crucial question is - has the Paul Walker sticker been removed and burnt with actual fire yet ?

Glad someone has taken this on. Amazes me how worthless they are. This one was sat outside J Noble's scrapyard in Kirkcaldy today having been freshly weighed in. It was truly the cleanest R75 I've clapped eyes on in a long time.

Did an MOT history check and it turns out it was presented for MOT last week and failed on ABS light and one rear suspension arm.

65,000 miles only and probably 150 quid would have bought it another year on the road.

The forklift went straight through the windows shortly after this pic.

post-212-0-33496800-1457122551_thumb.jpeg

Glad someone has taken this on. Amazes me how worthless they are. This one was sat outside J Noble's scrapyard in Kirkcaldy today having been freshly weighed in. It was truly the cleanest R75 I've clapped eyes on in a long time.

Did an MOT history check and it turns out it was presented for MOT last week and failed on ABS light and one rear suspension arm.

65,000 miles only and probably 150 quid would have bought it another year on the road.

I hate how disposable cars are in this country - here I am changing an engine in a moon rocket mobile toilet and someone scrapped that for some wear and tear bollocks!

• 2 weeks later...

***UPDATE***

I's alive!!! New gearbox in after the worlds longest 48 hour courier service that took 10 days. Turns out the original gearbox imploded cos there was not a lick of oil in it possibly been an oversight when clutch was done as its a right c#!t to get oil into. Drives very smooth. Next job is to sort the exhaust out cos it just sounds daft.....

• 2 weeks later...

Glad someone has taken this on. Amazes me how worthless they are.

Probably because (IMO) 75s are fucking horrible. Interiors like Harvester pubs, and positively seeping with "long live our glorious past" bullshit. The car equivalent of flat roof pubs full of racist edl morons. I just don't like 75s - even though I'm told I'm should, I'd happily put a forklift through one. Yeah, they're nice to drive but so are a lot of other cars which can had for similar money.

Probably because (IMO) 75s are fucking horrible. Interiors like Harvester pubs, and positively seeping with "long live our glorious past" bullshit. The car equivalent of flat roof pubs full of racist edl morons. I just don't like 75s - even though I'm told I'm should, I'd happily put a forklift through one. Yeah, they're nice to drive but so are a lot of other cars which can had for similar money.

For fuck's sake stop sitting on the fence. Just come right out with it and say what you really think.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to see this one ended up in upullit even after all the gearbox work! Was there when i was in yesterday. Assume it got cremated at last months MoT.

Anyone know if the rear sunblind worked? Looking for one for my ZT. Ill go liberate it tomorrow if it works

If your looking for a manual sunblind here is one for a bargain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-Window-Sunblind-Rover-75-MG-ZT-Saloon-New-and-Genuine-MG-Rover-/291822751240?fits=Car+Make%3ARover%7CModel%3A75&hash=item43f1fdce08:g:X0MAAOSwaB5XpzY0