YYHHHHEESSSSSSS

OwdChina

Welcome indeed - it took a while for a few of us to be registered. Well worth the effort. (BTW, has Mr Pressure Gauge been banned yet?) Where's ChinaTom? Still lurking, I hope... he's a Brit expat in Nanning, Guangxi, Southern China. He posted up a few pics here and there, but no spotting thread IIRC. Get one started, MeowdChina!You from the UK? Certainly don't sound like a native...

Many thanks for the welcomes to one & all.Ok, a short history (while i work out how to post pics).Myself & mrs owd came here in late 2006. She working for a well known sports brand, and me a lesser known construction company. Yes Krujoe i am from England.......S-O-T originally, but last 12 years Lancs(M6 jct33).A well known (locally) owner of complete and utter crap.Anything from huge thirsty American barges, down to tiny diesel French shiters, and anything inbetween including kit cars and trucks. (Mr B... Tata's arnt too bad tbh, fairly solidish and piss easy to work on. Just a complete lack of underseal in the tub & panels lets em down. Oh and dont buy owt after 2000 ....W reg. because it will have a cat on it ......an a new system is.. ....wait for it......not far short of a grand. Catless is around 150. Yeh the dealers couldn't explain it either...your right they're garbage....stear clear.)Now then, although i do have a Chinese driving licence i do not drive over here, it just aint worth the candle. When (and not if) you do have a bump, the complications that WILL arise make the middle east problems look simple, I'm a "white devil" you see, and therefore deemed to be wealthy (not true) and as such will be the target of a huge financial settlement..Fact.Anyhoooos, enough rambling, i'll post pics in a new thread when i've fathomed how to do it, trundling along in works van, Chinese driver.......another story...makes the dodgems look like sensible motoring. Eating rice with......erm......these have got legs....hmm. Kev.

Errr. m'collegue Mr Leyland, whatya doing stealing Teesside talk ie 'marra'.

Owreet m'colleague MHS, it's also a Stoke phrase. A conner believe that! Did not know.Duck is a Stoke phrase that's also a Leicester one, except in Leicester it's always "me duck".

LOLs. Ayupp E.L, owst dewin thait ? Yes a lingo all on its own, which sadly i seem to be losing lately, sound like i've a gob full o plums now that i have to pronounce each word correctly for the bennefit of my commie colleagues & the Yanks. I was born in what is known as"old Stoke", not to far away from the Victoria Ground (RIP).Now,.. to try and work out this photobucket thing......copy.... ...paste....oh, i'll need some glue then......GROANS. Kev. p.s It's strange i know, but i still read the deaths columns in The Sentinel Online, even though i've not lived in S-O-T for more than twenty years....just to see who's still Alive-Alive-O ...and who's Brown Bread.

Air hellair there!

Greetings and salutations from one of the pikier membership types...

Can u find me a recent pic of a Colt Sigma? Do they exist anywhere?!

Regards...

They do Here..welcome meowdchina..posted these before but will post again for your hopeful pleasure

Posted Image

Posted Image

Or are you into FWD ones ?

Posted Image

Hi Stuno & BH668, I'd be surprised if there was is any sigmas over here at all tbh. You see the Chinks and the Japs didn't see eye to eye until fairly recently, there's a lot over here that still can't do with the Japs. Somethin about an invasion last century. It was the Germans who first saw the potential of China in the late 50s, long before anybody else,and they've been here ever since. All the shite older than 10 years is German, VW to be exact. It's only the last 20 years that China started to have a road network (proper one) and available cars to go on them. Although all the big makes all have dealerships over here and the highways are chokka, it's still a rich mans game by percentage of the population. So not a lot of the usual shite, if any.Anyhoos, you guys'll be interested in the home grown rubbish, some of which is bizzare, a lot of which is coppied, and nearly all is crap. Hey Stuno you in NZ or OZ, i want that mk3. Always fancied another one of them since mine took a oneway trip to Crewe in early 80s :twisted: There was a lot of em about back then.Oh well, happy days. Kev.