When others comment on your shite

One phrase for you. TRY OWNING A 2CV!!!!

The flip side to all this is being tail-end charlie of a convoy of 2CVs going through a small Welsh village on a pleasant Sunday evening, driving a blue & yellow Dyane whose bonnet is painted green & white with a big red dragon on it: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9 ... =763953260Never before nor since has my car earned me a standing ovation. Thank you to the good citizens of Llansantffraid-ym-Mechain... 8)

When i still lived at my parents we had a jolly hockey sticks very posh stuck up but scatty losing her marbles neighbour who came out one day when id bought a sierra and said "why do you insist on driving these old wrecks"To which i replied "Why do you insist on always having food stains down your top"A bunch of neds in a corsa gave me "hairdressers car" abuse when i was out in the saab convertible the other day.. clearly because a 1 litre sky blue corsa is a much more manly vehicle. :lol:

Best to keep your opinions to yourself and not mess with the surveyor when you're trying to sell/refinance your house :

O RLY?When we had our house valued by 'one of yours'*, my shitty marina in the drive apparently knocked 18000 off the value of my gaff. I was so livid I had the c*nt who did the valuation sacked, as I had just parped the best part of £20k on refurbing the place, and he reckoned it was worth less than the cheapest 1-bed flat in town. KNOB.(* Mr Pompeii, I know you not well, but I feel that 99% of people who describe themselves as 'surveyors' are nothing of the sort, usually being some sort of jumped up estate agent / salesman in a cheap suit. I consider myself a proper surveyor, in the classical sense ;) )

When i had the old VW Fastback, i got so many people saying..'Nice Volvo' :roll:

Yeah, I had that in my old blue one. An old guy walks over as I'm paying and displaying in a carpark. "Aaah, I had one of them volvos years ago, cracking car!". "Oh, right, just that's a Volkswagen""That? It's a Volvo son. Swedish"."Really, it's a Volkswagen. Type 3""I SAID IT'S A VOLVO. I USED TO HAVE ONE" talking to me like I'm deaf.At this point he starts pointing to the car with his walking stick and getting a bit red-faced so although I hate to lose an argument (especially with a idiot who happens to be wrong) I didn't want to be calling an ambulance when he had a heart attack, so just mumbled my thanks and quickly put the ticket in the car and legged it to the lifts.It was also a Saab and a Skoda according to pedestrians (who always know better) despite having the full compliment of VW badges.

When i still lived at my parents we had a jolly hockey sticks very posh stuck up but scatty losing her marbles neighbour who came out one day when id bought a sierra and said "why do you insist on driving these old wrecks"

Hyacinth Bucket types live in fear of letting their roots show and your neighbour did it there. Have you seen the shite that real posh people drive around in?

I dont get any hassle being in the Vec as it blends in. I wish I did though. The more obscure, fooked-looking, comical and shite a car is the better. I hope to own a car like this one day.However it is strangely satisfying in an ironic, perverse kind of way being among my 'contemporaries' in their new Golf Gti's/A3's (or whatever) whilst being in my old shitter. If I did get any hassle, I'll just find where they live and park it on their drive for a few hours and it will soil itself all over their monoblocks 8) Even in the Astra, any attention I get is usually positive.

Shite provokes different reactions. When I had a Bluebird numerous old giffers would come up and start lecturing me about how the Japanese were a scuttling Nazi slave-race and it was sacrilege to buy one of their cars. My retort that it was built by Geordies using British components went unheard.My Mk4 Orion seemed to be as irritating as a mosquito to drivers of a certain age. The fact that it was quite fast annoyed them further. I used to get tailgated, cut up and generally abused in that thing. But had to give back as good as I got. Did 110 once. At Night. Not bad for a CVH.Everybody, as I've said, loves the Volvo. The best bit was when the owner of an aged but tidy Mk2 MR2 approached me for a chat. We admired each others' cars, clearly a common interest.

Only comment on the 405s I've had is "that's mint, isn't it?", from my MOT tester, on the estate...before he started the test, and failed it on a split steering gaiter. He was still pleased with the condition though, particularly underneath - which is good considering it's interface with a brick wall not so long ago. And my next-door neighbour continually blithers on about how he did 166,000 miles in 3 and a half years in his 405 Style diesel company car when it was new...zzz.Older shite - the Mk2 Granada (a 1980, so pre-facelift, 2.3L saloon in silver, pretty damn tidy condition) I had in 2007 got a lot of pointing, smiles, nods and waves from other drivers and pedestrians, probably the most reaction. Oddly, the 1978 Opel Rekord that it replaced (which I owned in 2005) got less reaction, even though *that* was a showroom-condition car. The Brown Belmont got a fair few sneers though, and the multi-coloured (light blue in the main, but dark blue back doors and a front wing in black primer) 405 estate was positively reviled by other road users.

Worst I had was "Get that heap of shit off the road" shouted by a black cab driver going in the opposite direction on a small backstreet.I would have u-turned and retaliated but,My Maxi took at least three goes to find reverseThe door bottoms were so frilly I would have lost half of them in a high speed u-turn.Full lock turns would have exposed the barely legal front tyres to the eyes of a wandering plod.I just carried on with a warm glow of pride.

I've never had a negative comment about the Datsun. I've had everyone from old people to little kids saying how much they love it/how they used to own one/asking what it is. On a more general note, I've noticed those who like to shout out invariably drive shit cars themselves. My old MX5 was the best one for this; yes I really should get rid of my sports car and buy a 1.2 Clio like you :roll:

I've never had a negative comment about the Datsun. I've had everyone from old people to little kids saying how much they love it/how they used to own one/asking what it is. On a more general note, I've noticed those who like to shout out invariably drive shit cars themselves. My old MX5 was the best one for this; yes I really should get rid of my sports car and buy a 1.2 Clio like you :roll:

Yeah, I got told my Amazon was 'shit' by a bloke waiting for the bus.

Yeah, I got told my Amazon was 'shit' by a bloke waiting for the bus.

Do what? The Amazon is the single most desirable Vovlo. Was he on drugs? Or maybe his Clio was in the garage having some style fitted?
Nooooooooo. I've always lusted after one of those nutso 2 door 240 Turbo things they had in LHD-land.

Cor, just remembered sitting outside some shops in a horrendous part of Birmingham (well, compared to the rest) in my 2CV. Two little shits came along, jumped on the rear bumper and started bouncing the car while shouting "Is it a beetle mate?" Driving off got rid of them, and I made sure to reverse first! Probably still got their knee impressions in that bootlid, which I've kept to this day.

Guest greenvanman

The only one of my 2-wheeled stable that gets any abuse is, perhaps predictably, the Cub. It's probably the standard issue Old Bloke windscreen and Rickman top box that does it. Or maybe they notice that it's the pov spec 'E' model with no electric start :wink:Anyway, it's usually just a sideways look and a snigger from some spotty youth on a 50cc Speedfight or some such, but there one time I was waiting at the lights when I was surrounded by three of these two-stroke terrors openly taking the piss. One even felt brave enough in the company of his 'massive' to make the internationally-recognised 'wanker' gesture. The lights changed and off they went, all angry wasp noises and blue smoke and no doubt horrified expressions on their faces as the 22-year old Honda with a 15st bloke aboard kicked their arses away from the lights. :lol: