Motorworld ????

Grundig

I don't think they are franchised.

I am only basing this on my experience buying some oil from them once. I saw a deal online where I could buy oil at a good price from the motorworld ebay shop. After seeing the deal online I figured I would go to the shop as I would save a fair bit on postage only to find out the oil was considerable more expensive than the online oil plus the postage.

I mentioned this to the manager and he got a right shirt on (not with me but with the online store) so assumed it was the online seller undercutting his franchise. Obviously, he may have been concerned abouot job security etc and getting people through the door but I assumed it was franchise at the time. I am probably wrong.

Used to be a big one in St Annes that I would spend my dinner breaks from Woolworths in buying "go faster" stripes for the MiniMetro

I remember that one! On the corner. Used to go in there to get rattle cans of Sandglow for my very slightly rust compromised (but expertly repaired) Mini. That would be around 1987/88.

I remember that one! On the corner. Used to go in there to get rattle cans of Sandglow for my very slightly rust compromised (but expertly repaired) Mini. That would be around 1987/88.

I bought my first spanners from there while enjoying a dirty weekend in Blackpool.

Suffice to say I used a different tool to the spanners.

I'd like to give more business to the local shops, especially the independents.  It isn't easy though.  Registration plate - £11 and come back in a couple of days and bring the V5.  Ebay, £8 and don't have to get off my arse to buy it, so takes minutes - no seconds.  No contest.  

I think there used to be a Motorworld in Northfield, Birmingham which closed down some years ago. The first time imspotted it I went to go in and have a look but thier store but it was locked up at the time (lights still on, carpark open) I remember it was closed due to falling into administration or other.

It later opened up as some Pets store.

I'd like to give more business to the local shops, especially the independents.  It isn't easy though.  Registration plate - £11 and come back in a couple of days and bring the V5.  Ebay, £8 and don't have to get off my arse to buy it, so takes minutes - no seconds.  No contest.

I used to use our local independent for all my work stuff, even if they were a bit more expensive than eurocrapparts. Then the old guy retired and the new one wouldn't give me trade discount as I 'didn't spend enough'. Well now I spend a grand total of zero and use my trade cards at Halfords and eurocrapparts. I hate doing it as I would much prefer to support smaller places but some people are just dicks.

I went into the one in Chad, Derby, a few months back and almost got raped on the price of a headlight bulb, and having been refused a discount but decided I'd try Aldi, up the road where I bought 2 for less money.