1988 Fiat Panda, minor update.

spartacus

• 5 months later...

Panda is still here.  I haven't tried to do anything with it since the gearshift bush fell off on the way to the last MOT in August.   I should have really but as per some of my other posts I got into a bit of a ULEZ sulk/depression and downed tools on all of my cars. 

So its still looking for its next caring owner. Preferably someone who really wants a Panda, and has a much better place to keep it than the streets of London (as Ralph McTell would attest to ! ) and would love it and use it more than I can and isn't just out to tick a Panda off the list or to flip it. 

As before I don't really want to roffle, and I would like to find the right person given the history of the car.   Its currently not MOTd and has its issues which need sorting. Its also not a minter but looks nice from 10 paces and is honest

Price would be dependant on how and when you could take it (i.e with MOT & gear linkage fixed or as is ) but I'm not looking to make silly money on it so would be a fair price to a trusted shiter either way

Drop me a line if you have any more questions 

I would dearly love to keep it as its a cool little car and they are such an icon, but I am no longer the right person for this and I'd hate for @spartacus's pride and joy to end up sitting idle and exposed to the elements

464C209C-7BFC-4C2B-AC45-3C5D57B9496B.jpeg.7819fa70fe2709aece41723c2b4a2d62.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Rust Collector said:

I'd be up for spending some tinkering time on it if it would help you out mate. It looks a really lovely little thing - if I could give it a home, I would. Pandas to Pandino is on the bucket list.

thanks mate. Yeah I bet the Panda to Pandino is great fun. I think @Ian_Fearnhas done it a few times

Thanks for the kind offer

although to he honest it just needs me to get off my lazy arse and find out which bit dropped off the gear linkage then hopefully replace from my box of spares or order new one depending which bit it is.. The other items are more longer term stuff for the next owner (tidying the bodywork, under sealing/rust proofing and addressing the noisy gearbox bearing if it gets any worse)

• 4 weeks later...

Had a look at the gear linkage this morning. As suspected the pin (4 in the diagram) had parted company with the car. The bush and i think all bar one washer were remarkably still there

Screenshot_20240315_102827_eBay.thumb.jpg.bf40f84639d3215e41851e2bae4bb8c0.jpgScreenshot_20240315_102921_Gallery.thumb.jpg.b793854e11092c504cdd78052c8c8e7e.jpg

I popped a washer and spare pin on and we now have gears back, although I need to get the car up in the air to make sure pin is seated properly but the Estelle is hogging the ramps and axle stands are elsewhere . Still some good news that it wasn't more serious and the parts needed were in my spare stash

Probably should have done this month's ago but hey ho

Note, it was all done by feel as can't get line of sight with car on ground so comments on missing bits subject to change;)

I assumed the battery would be fecked since leaving it connected since August but when I turned the key it did a small attempt to turn over.  So connected the jump pack to see if it would start

(ignore the vibration the door was not closed properly and rattled on the catch

Bonnet has now decided not to latch, no signs of anything obvious think maybe just needs grease to allow the catch to return to correct posting but its stated pissing down so on hold