'93 Mondy thread - K reg data geek

egg

5 minutes ago, egg said:

@RustyRussgreat stuff! Glad that you have posted about it on here. 

Weatherstrip parts numbers are as follows:

offside rear 7058954
nearside rear - 7058955
offside front - 1002129
nearside front - 1002131

Wheeltrim info here.

z001381300.thumb.png.876931975c3fe9e19bc7e8136523b358.png

My sincerest thanks for the kind words and help with parts Egg its very much appreciated indeed. So glad to have saved her from a very sketch uncertain future. Loving reading about yours and seeing it in action in Hubnut your car is not only amazing but a real credit to you:-) 

I found Ford prohibitively expensive for some things, but then again with a lot you were left with no choice. Last of the spares I have are going to the tip at weekend. Headlamps, instrument clusters, the rare early exhaust manifolds, throttle bodies, coolant hoses, PAS pumps, new starters, alternators etc... grab them now before they go in the bin.

7 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I found Ford prohibitively expensive for some things, but then again with a lot you were left with no choice. Last of the spares I have are going to the tip at weekend. Headlamps, instrument clusters, the rare early exhaust manifolds, throttle bodies, coolant hoses, PAS pumps, new starters, alternators etc... grab them now before they go in the bin.

Calling @Slowsilver - any of these useful for yours?

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

Many thanks for the offer mate,wht would you be looking for for the spares as would be useful to build up a wee stock. 

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

Would love to save this stuff but collection logistics at the moment. Whereabouts are you?

10 hours ago, Slowsilver said:

A bit too far from Buckingham for a round trip, unless you happen to find yourself heading Milton Keynes way on an "essential" journey. If not, maybe if @RustyRuss is nearer he could collect and store them for future dispersal.

I'd love these too. I'm  Edinburgh.  Would travel after restrictions though but no idea when that will be. 

On 1/10/2021 at 6:38 PM, egg said:

I'm still plugging away with the register, hawking it round the various Facebook groups - I'm now up to 55 known K-reg cars, including a UK registered car residing in Ireland (a resto project).

Split by trim level

Base = 6
LX = 23
GLX = 14
Si = 4
Ghia = 8

23 of the 55 have a current MOT.

This is the one near me, still with its original Brooke Shaw dealer reg and window sticker.

IMG_20210317_100728.thumb.jpg.6c2ca77d698f9d620306889975efaa8a.jpg

1 hour ago, busmansholiday said:

This is the one near me, still with its original Brooke Shaw dealer reg and window sticker.

IMG_20210317_100728.thumb.jpg.6c2ca77d698f9d620306889975efaa8a.jpg

Thank you. Known to me, looked like this a while back.

1188466222_Screenshot_20200531-210515(small).thumb.png.2ea41098c0bf73f44c0e9ea836c4b4c0.png

23 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Where was Brooke Shaw's garage? 

Shalesmoor, Sheffield. 

Screenshot_20210317-145936.thumb.png.15c687f0c2a6c457e19e8a4f9c61be33.pngThe building on the left in the streetview is the old showroom. The workshops were demolished as part of the road scheme and were past the showroom on the left.

They moved here in the 60's, having been roughly where it says Q Park Charles Street.

Screenshot_20210317-150509.thumb.png.cd04b802283be98bd1f9c608719810e4.png

That was a 'proper' garage, one of those with a ramp inside up to the top floor, the sort you see models of. I remember my father buying his Mk I 'tina brand new from them (red - GWE792C) and it being parked on the ramp ready for collection.

1 minute ago, egg said:

Mine is 28 years old today, as it rolled off the production line in Belgium. One of the ways to date a Mondeo is the date stamp on the b pillar between the doors. You can see each side of my car was fabricated on different days!

IMG_20210320_172254.thumb.jpg.95b5440b473322e7cfc96dddee625848.jpg

IMG_20210320_172226.thumb.jpg.408c8a4bb32522421971b087b7336a4c.jpg

Are any other cars date stamped like that? 

When my Capri came back from the blasters and got cleaned up there was a hand written date doodled onto the top of the inner wing, looked like very faintly written with an engraving tool or something. With paint on there wasn’t (and isn’t now it’s been sprayed) any trace of it though. Pretty sure it said ??/May/74, I can’t remember exactly what the day was. I don’t think it was anything official and probably something someone on the assembly line did for some reason.

8 hours ago, greengartside said:

Ah yes sorry, scan reading again. 

I’m not entirely sure there was anything else stamped like that, obviously Ford did use a date code on the edge of wings etc. 

It's OK, I can see how it could have been interpreted as any other Mondys. 

Aston Martin go one better, you get the date and the name of the bloke who built the engine or upholstered the interior. I’d doubt they do that now, the Chinese or Social Media Entrepreneurs who whoever wouldn’t give a shit about how it was made by a craftsman who took pride in his art.