'93 Mondy thread - K reg base 4 sale (not mine)

egg

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

Depends how well it’s been done, some of the touring car replicas look fantastic. But yeah it would need to be done right and that isn’t cheap. 

I like this one I've posted before - it's currently not in as good condition, but it as a base model (hence no sunroof which is touring car spec) and has been owned by the same guy since 2006.

120963688_10158589429834054_79588216369155736_n.jpg.d9a584aaa8a78543a408348219f22531.jpg

original

120934155_10158589430429054_2538151999721465774_n.jpg.52a77456c1fdba4f061fa8e1db43a292.jpg

On 7/1/2022 at 12:04 PM, Soundwave said:

Here's the 'after' pic from the original FB post about it:

May be an image of car and outdoors

Not too bad, would much rather it goes to someone who gives a shit about it than have it die on the oval.

• egg changed the title to '93 Mondy thread - MOT update

So I've been posting some general Mondy updates, but nothing about mine.

Well, fact is I haven't been very well this year, and I haven't driven it at all since end of March. Sad times, but not something to get into here.

Anyway, it had to go for a test, and someone came and got it for me after I put a new battery on it, as the old Lion job (yeah not the best) was toast. Put an Exide on it from Tanya which I think are reasonable in my experience.

Front tyre now so bad had to put the spare on to get it through. Anyway, that was the only issue apart from slight binding on nearside rear brake as in last year's test.

Clean pass.

Whisper it quietly, but my time with it may be coming to an end, because of aforesaid issues and generally I don't go anywhere much post pandemic.

Anyway time will tell.

18 minutes ago, JakeT said:

Good car though, hopefully if you do sell it’s to someone who’s all about the bASe, too.

Yeah, while a seller has no control about what happens to a car, I'd be a bit sad if someone in the future went track/banger/BTCC rep.

It's notable Mondeos have very little visibility in the Ford scene (which is, and always has been about modding) but three were at FoTU including two K-reg cars.