'93 Mondy thread - K reg data geek

egg

• 2 weeks later...
  • egg changed the title to '93 Mondy thread - MOT pass
32 minutes ago, sierraman said:

You’ve done well for it not to fail on the perennial Mk1/2 crap handbrake. 

Funny you should say that, handbrake is fine, but footbrake less so, steering a bit stiff he suspects sticky wheel cylinder on nearside. I've felt it myself, about time the brakes were gone through. Also needs new tyres, as he mentioned wear on inside fronts. Rears are from 2008!

Very common fault is the wheel cylinders on those, careful in checking them as there are a few different types some of which the union enters straight others at an angle, I had a late one fitted with the TRW ones from the diesel. 

Easy job though budget for replacing the section of brake pipe that goes from the flex to the back of the cylinder, often the union will have seized on and twist the pipe off. Also go steady on those 2 10mm bolts on the back plate, give them a good clean and a wire brush before you attack them. 

The inside edge wear on the front is likely a historical issue from the inner void bushes on the bottom arms having gone. Loads used to try and track them up on bollocksed wishbone bushes which was a waste of time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to @timolloyd for the head's up, but following it's appearance at the Late Brake Show live on Saturday, the Base gets a mention in today's Smith and Sniff podcast from around 37mins:

https://shows.acast.com/smithandsniff/episodes/the-morning-after-the-live-show-before

DSCF9958.thumb.JPG.ddc36dd7fc62363ba2d60635fa7e9366.JPG

I've exchanged a couple of Tweets with Mr Porter/Smith this afternoon who (rightly from a distance) thought it was a GLX because wheel trims.

tweet.JPG.6860234d82b4ac8582a9debdc93395e9.JPG

I maintain this car because I like it, not because I want to be famous on Twitter, but mustard mitt stuff like that does make it more worthwhile.

• egg changed the title to '93 Mondy thread - Late brake show 'fame'
44 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

I thought the Mk1 Veronas were all green or was that just the Mk2? 

They came in that colour and the green as well, 1.8 or 1.8TD. According to my old man some old guy has it it’s always knocking about, don’t think it’s an enthusiast or anything just an old chap that has had it years.

• egg changed the title to '93 Mondy thread
Thanks to [mention=20091]timolloyd[/mention] for the head's up, but following it's appearance at the Late Brake Show live on Saturday, the Base gets a mention in today's Smith and Sniff podcast from around 37mins:
https://shows.acast.com/smithandsniff/episodes/the-morning-after-the-live-show-before
DSCF9958.thumb.JPG.ddc36dd7fc62363ba2d60635fa7e9366.JPG
I've exchanged a couple of Tweets with Mr Porter/Smith this afternoon who (rightly from a distance) thought it was a GLX because wheel trims.
tweet.JPG.6860234d82b4ac8582a9debdc93395e9.JPG
I maintain this car because I like it, not because I want to be famous on Twitter, but mustard mitt stuff like that does make it more worthwhile.
I am a regular listener of S&S, when I heard it mentioned I knew there was only one Mondeo they could mean!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 11:42 PM, neil1971 said:

From a Facebook group

Spotted in Berkshire / Surrey I think, sorry if it's an already known one, I'm far too lazy to look through 49 pages to check!

Mondeo.thumb.jpg.ff7161e9d682c93ac89097f9ab93a5fb.jpg

Definitely an early one with the ‘SJE’ plate. Build date of 9.2.93 and registered 4.3.93.