'93 Mondy thread - K reg data geek

egg

I reckon you've absolutely nailed it buying this, it's an ace looking car for a proper bargain price. In fact, I'll stick my neck out and say these are the best looking Mondeos they ever made.

Cheers greengartside - nice brochure find. I don't reckon it has ABS then - Ford's vehicle lookup on the Etis system doesn't mention it.

Alex - I noticed there were 4-5 bidders in all.

The collection has just got a whole lot easier - seller can now drive the car to Faversham tomorrow - so I just have to nip a couple of stops up the train line to get it in the morning. Should just be at cost of petrol. Fingers crossed.

Well he's texted that he's ready for the morning, I've sorted tax and insurance. Pics will follow by lunchtime all being well!

(weird innit - feeling the need to post pics of a 23 year old Mondeo on the internet to people you've never met!)

I've posted this elsewhere I think, but when we went to RoI a loooong time ago in SnrYoof's Senator, it decided to break down, and our replacement vehicle was a (brand new at the time) 1.6 Mondeo saloon.

I thought it was an interesting change of scenery. SnrYoof wasn't able to get his head around a manual 'box or having 120hp less than he had the day before.

Good bits:

Ride quality is good, 

Pulls well enough considering engine size

Seats are comfy

Love the giffer-ness of it

Dealer stamps in the service book

Issues:

Oil leak - probably rocker cover gasket, bit of a smell of oil in the cabin - can see leak in the pic.

Steering a little vague around the straight ahead - a bit worrying as you increase speed, a bit of play in it. Also a bit heavy at low speeds. Tyre pressures checked so not that.

Constantly flickering on and off air bag light

No documentary evidence of timing belt change!

Early niggles:

Have to get those French looking yellow lights sorted

drivers wing mirror manual adjuster broken (can't adjust mirror to right height yet)