'93 Mondy thread - K reg data geek

egg

• 1 month later...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/carsyoudontseeanymore/posts/3225862644401945/

image.thumb.png.16f86d3c214da8d5af870ae6d6191cb2.png

@Slowsilver or @quicksilver? has been papped :) (also I hope @egg is alright I have noticed its been a while since iv seen a post but I see he last visited recently, so hopefully everything is alright still!)

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/08/2021 at 13:30, egg said:

Is it me or are Bosch wiper blades not what they were? 2 year service life for a barely used rear wiper seems below expectations...

IMG_20210812_132654.thumb.jpg.8af47187ea7d22e52198c2f87998ca90.jpg

Maybe I'm just expecting too much.

no, i actually sent some back as the blades i took off the car worked better than the new bosch ones

value for moneywise the michelin stealth fron costco take some beating

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 9:26 PM, Noel Tidybeard said:

no, i actually sent some back as the blades i took off the car worked better than the new bosch ones

value for moneywise the michelin stealth fron costco take some beating

Agree - very good price and last a decent amount of time. Don't look out of place on older cars either.

17 minutes ago, N19 said:

Agree - very good price and last a decent amount of time. Don't look out of place on older cars either.

*update*

there is a seller on fleabay selling DuPont branded blades that are identical in all but name BUT they work out roughly at 2 for the price of one Michelin blade!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/d2pautoparts10

18 minutes ago, MJK 24 said:

From nothing more than a passing glance, how come the saloons make up such a high percentage of survivors?  I’d have guesstimated than 80-85% of new sales would have been hatch and estate?

Was it those more likely to look after them that bought saloon models? Therefore, they're the survivors?

27 minutes ago, MJK 24 said:

From nothing more than a passing glance, how come the saloons make up such a high percentage of survivors?  I’d have guesstimated than 80-85% of new sales would have been hatch and estate?

Saloons were pretty popular in mk1 Mondeo guise. They looked better and were from a time when it was still something of a go to body style for many, My parents included, M730 OTH.

On 14/06/2020 at 17:42, bramz7 said:

Saw this today:

IMG_0315.thumb.JPG.44ad89783c653220902eb5af320617c2.JPG

Registered July 23rd so originally on a K. 

Last MOT recorded 249k!

Was having a look at previous pages on this thread, and it looks as though this Mondeo has bitten the dust. Shame, but it did well to reach 27 years and 250k miles.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all, appreciate the ongoing updates. I need to go through my list again and check surviors.

New entrants  from those above are:

K609 SJE - the third known SJE still going with 737 and 598 also on the list

K901 EEW - nice to see another 1.6 base

K658 KCL is MOT'd but not taxed or on DVLA, so unless it's a plate change it's fallen off its perch since that photo.

58 still alive in total on my list at the mo.