'93 Mondy thread - K reg data geek

egg

I have not much interest in Diana or her cars, but since the subject has come up, and there are clearly experts around, I will mention this.

Back in the 1980s I bought a dreadful Fiat 124 Estate for beer money.   There were never many of these around.  At the time I knew a gentleman locally who was quite a high - up executive in Fiat UK.   When he heard about this car, he told me that it was the car in which Diana had learnt to drive.   He had no reason to lie about this, and was in a position to have some inside knowledge.   I didn't bother much about it, had more important things to do, never checked it out and have never seen any evidence such as a photo.   I know she had a new Mini Metro at one stage, so it would presumably have predated that - maybe an old car from someone in the Spencer family. 

Does anyone know more?  I had some good use from it, and scrapped it in the end.  Yeah, it would be worth a fortune now. 🙄

24 minutes ago, georgeinabz said:

Never mind that the 2 door colt lancer in the background , my 2nd car , incidentally renault 5 my 1stemoji3.png

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Not only was my first car a Renault 5, but it was USB361T!  Same series as Di's R5.  Argyll registrations.  Made it to London somehow.

• egg changed the title to '93 Mondy thread - New Boots
29 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Would definitely get the inner wishbone bushes checked to make sure it’s not going to scrub the tyres off. 

Yes, agreed, that would be a waste, but Rob's only using it round the doors at the mo.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, MantaGTE85 said:

Awesome car, an absolute credit to him! Looks like one of the last mk1 Ghias as well. Great colour.

5 hours ago, sierraman said:

It’s a Verona 

You are right. It is a Verona. It's in one of the two colours you could get them in. I was thinking Ghia because of the trims and front fogs. It would be a 1.8 petrol.