'93 Mondy thread - K reg data geek

egg

• egg changed the title to '93 Mondy thread - Why the tyre wear on the inside?

Ok so the tyre that was an MOT fail is completely worn down on the inside (left side in pic)

Is it:

- because ditchfinder

- suspension geometry (over the years had new lower arms, drop links and ARB bushings) 

- because the wheels are set toe in to stop the infamous pulling to the left

- another reason

133434364_thumbnail(2).thumb.jpg.16c8b704633902b917547bb193e806d7.jpg

Thoughts?

39 minutes ago, egg said:

Is it:

- because ditchfinder

- suspension geometry (over the years had new lower arms, drop links and ARB bushings) 

- because the wheels are set toe in to stop the infamous pulling to the left

- another reason

Another reason - suspension bush worn such that the wheel can move laterally. I've had it happen and the tyre was legal on outside and had wires through on the inside edge.

18 minutes ago, 3VOM said:

Another reason - suspension bush worn such that the wheel can move laterally. I've had it happen and the tyre was legal on outside and had wires through on the inside edge.

Also this is nearside, gearbox end, so when the lower arms were replaced, one bolt had to be put in upside down (not me, mechanic) to avoid dropping sub-frame. Could be it making that side worse or no?

• 3 weeks later...

Mutha_Claim had one of my Mk2 Mondy taxis and where she chose to work was 

1 minute ago, egg said:

I've got a pair of new lower arms in the loft 👍

Mutha_Claim had one of my Mk2 Mondy taxis and where she chose to work was was riddled with those rubber speed humps designed to let ambulances drive around. I had to replace front suspension bushes three times a year.

When she passed away back in 2016 I was tempted to ask the undertaker to lob the set I had in the shed into her coffin.

She can be seen here driving K636 TCE in November 1993 which was papped by a Flickr contact in 2015, around 3 weeks before it was scrapped, Small world!! 

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/video/exterior-night-shots-of-princess-diana-departing-news-footage/670442988?fbclid=IwAR0CTaPqpf5JXsKd4n5kIfN6bylHF-z3Sndw2xPC0HeuoHMeu57h9s8480w

1993 Mark 1 Ford Mondeo saloon

• egg changed the title to '93 Mondy thread - Princess Di had one you know...
1 hour ago, KWhite said:

She can be seen here driving K636 TCE in November 1993 which was papped by a Flickr contact in 2015, around 3 weeks before it was scrapped, Small world!! 

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/video/exterior-night-shots-of-princess-diana-departing-news-footage/670442988?fbclid=IwAR0CTaPqpf5JXsKd4n5kIfN6bylHF-z3Sndw2xPC0HeuoHMeu57h9s8480w

1993 Mark 1 Ford Mondeo saloon

Alberto Green with (could be) Pumice Columbo seats, just gorgeous, or at least it was! But! Shouldn't all K-plate Mondies have black-top bumpers? I used to think that fully colour-coded bumpers came in from February 1994, or so say Parkers Used Car Price Guide. 

17 minutes ago, MantaGTE85 said:

Alberto Green with (could be) Pumice Columbo seats, just gorgeous, or at least it was! But! Shouldn't all K-plate Mondies have black-top bumpers? I used to think that fully colour-coded bumpers came in from February 1994, or so say Parkers Used Car Price Guide. 

It was pretty much my perfect spec! And early Bases, LX's and GLX's had black top bumpers but Si's and Ghia's always had full body colour bumpers, and this was a Ghia