'93 Mondy thread - K reg data geek

egg

I've been on here a month, and I've finally cracked and won an ebay auction - 1.6 misery spec early Mondeo as below - £215.

It is in Littlehampton, West Sussex. I appreciate you don't know me from Adam - but if anyone could help me get it back to Herne Bay in Kent please let me know!?

I've asked the seller what his delivery rate is (probably will wish I hadn't).

So this is either a replacement for my luxury* Fusion 3, or a 'classic' keeper for a bit of OSF profit as Cavcraft has already suggested, or maybe a quick roffle if I'm not keen.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Mondeo-1-6-Classic-Car-Low-Mileage-Cheap-Export-/262257691148?nma=true&si=vR28KDs96X0W2RjWlK%252FWMcArj9E%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

$_57.JPG

So, collection planned for Saturday. Will take about 4 hours to get there cross country (but train ticket cheaper that way)

1 bus to Canterbury then 3 x trains to Ashford, Brighton and then on to a place called Ford.....

Autoaid phone number will be to hand....

Collection Fred won't be live as I take the same approach to Cellphones as I do Motor cars....

nokia-105-unboxing-7.jpg

According to How Many left, the ever reliable data says there about 622 1993 Mondeo's left on the road (+536 SORN). This one was built in March 1993, production started in November 1992. Possibly only 32 of these are this base model (but depends as usual on DVLA classifications....)

When these were launched,the rental firm I worked for were the first independent rental company to have these on fleet. March 1993 IIRC. Had a feature in Fleet News! We had 1.6 pez LXs and diesel Aspens, with keep fit windows and no rev counter. CLASS.