'93 Mondy thread - K reg base 4 sale (not mine)

egg

In lockdown 2020 I 'refurbished' a spare wheel. In September last year @RobTsorted me out for a spare tyre when he returned the car from loan (usual gent that he is). Today February 2023, these elements were finally combined. L00k no rust in that wheel well. I've also just renewed the insurance, so I suppose that means it's not for sale just now.

DSCF0025.thumb.JPG.21114d7481bcc1cc9ae749ff49d65131.JPG

DSCF0026.thumb.JPG.a28a6426f254b5cc8774ddb675770468.JPG

DSCF0027.thumb.JPG.b3bb675457580655614119810841bf2a.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

yes, the seller insists it's a LX, but it is one of the 5 known K-reg base models of course, keep fit windows. Was £1250, surely almost a bargain at £995 now. That paint colour was an option I think? I'd need to check. Also, needs to go back on 14'' wheels of course ;-)

And painted handles, side mouldings and mirrors. It's been dressed up to look a bit more like a '95 Ghia X. I'm sure its colour Cayman Blue was superseded by Petrol Blue at that point too? Mind you, I do like how the angle of the window handles align perfectly with the rear edge of the  front speaker grilles on these base versions, when the windows are closed.

1 hour ago, MantaGTE85 said:

And painted handles, side mouldings and mirrors. It's been dressed up to look a bit more like a '95 Ghia X. I'm sure its colour Cayman Blue was superseded by Petrol Blue at that point too? Mind you, I do like how the angle of the window handles align perfectly with the rear edge of the  front speaker grilles on these base versions, when the windows are closed.

Correct, it seems to have painted extras which all should be black. I’d quite like to bring it back to original spec. Probably supplied by Dagenham Motors when new so repro plates wouldn’t be a problem, just finding the plate bottom trim with the Dagenham Motors inscription may be a task.

• egg changed the title to '93 Mondy thread - L reg base stolen in Winchester - keep your eyes out

From Facebook: Unfortunately my beautiful mk1 Mondeo was stolen from a car park in Winchester at some point over the last few days. The only evidence left in situ was broken glass on both sides of the parking space, suggesting that the lovely individuals smashed both front windows. I’ve done all I can with Police and the car park owner thinks there is a good chance of CCTV footage, so fingers crossed. 

330389370_228908326262883_67514577562174

330336368_149334994698454_92749504893266

1 hour ago, egg said:

From Facebook: Unfortunately my beautiful mk1 Mondeo was stolen from a car park in Winchester at some point over the last few days. The only evidence left in situ was broken glass on both sides of the parking space, suggesting that the lovely individuals smashed both front windows. I’ve done all I can with Police and the car park owner thinks there is a good chance of CCTV footage, so fingers crossed. 

330389370_228908326262883_67514577562174

330336368_149334994698454_92749504893266

Got a link to the Facebook post? 

3 hours ago, sierraman said:

I’d probably make the local banger racing yard my first pitstop. 

Yeah, I'd like to say 'they're not all bad you know' but then I saw this...(but it was probably too far gone no doubt)

FqZRQ_-WAAEijTu?format=jpg&name=large

1 minute ago, Dobloseven said:

Looks like its got the drivetrain out of something else altogether. 

I believe it was Peugeot 309 powered, driver is a lover of the French stuff and has put huge amounts of work to get basket cases onto the track before including grafting a Mondeo subframe onto an absolutely hanging Citroen DS. He has also made a couple of 309 Estates which looked great, one for road and one for track if I remember rightly, and a 405 Limo.

Just now, neil1971 said:

I believe it was Peugeot 309 powered, driver is a lover of the French stuff and has put huge amounts of work to get basket cases onto the track before including grafting a Mondeo subframe onto an absolutely hanging Citroen DS. He has also made a couple of 309 Estates which looked great, one for road and one for track if I remember rightly, and a 405 Limo.

I've seen photos of those 309 estates. Kudos to the fella.

7 minutes ago, sierraman said:

It is if someone’s taped the chip key to the steering column because they’re too tight to get a proper coded key. 

Would glass on both sides of the car suggest a grab or hoist was just used and they've hoicked it up and away rather than driven?

36 minutes ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Would glass on both sides of the car suggest a grab or hoist was just used and they've hoicked it up and away rather than driven?

Possibly. It gets hacked to bits to put it on the track anyway. I’d also check out the next big Mondeo meet, that said it will be pretty pointless by that point when it’s been chopped about. 

9 minutes ago, egg said:

Car SOS doing a Mondeo by the look of it (assume not the car pictured a touring car replica)

334532666_198372872840370_40511833091577

I think they're doing a Y reg one, I heard mention of it being a 22 year old Mondeo. 

I'd expect it's a MK2 (MK1.5!?) As a MK3 restoration would be as unexceptional as plain porridge surely!?