'93 Mondy thread - K reg data geek

egg

I’m surprised they’ve put it through the auction. Normally someone at the garage would have bought it for £120 that it’ll have been p/ex for and stuck it up for £1500 to some hipsters on one of these classic car websites. Other than that on old tat they’ll have a local dealer on an agreement that takes whatever comes in below say a grand.

A saloon as well! The banger racers will be all over that! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • egg changed the title to '93 Mondy thread - L reg base spotted for sale
3 hours ago, egg said:

One owner L-reg base model spotted on Facebook in Wigan. No price, but looks great.

Original wheeltrims intact, 1.6 petrol in Garnet Red I think.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/376757677016897

base2.thumb.jpg.42f39937e8fbaaa761cc2152f143a896.jpg

base1.thumb.jpg.98ccca79fe02e83f0e2b2177a83bf40e.jpg

Yes that's Garnet Red. Same colour as my first Fiesta, though that shade wasn't an official Fiesta colour. Chodtastic find. 

37 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Can’t understand why you’d not put a price on? 

No idea, but if I had to guess it's someone advertising it on behalf of an old boy who's given up his driving gloves.

28 minutes ago, Shonky said:

Ooh, I didn't expect to see my Instagram on here! Glad that you've got something from the pic. Here's an early-ish estate and super late P reg I've also seen.

Sorry for the unsolicited theft of your pic, but you're a good follow on the 'gram. That P reg might be so late as to have the non-yellowing headlights. 

5 minutes ago, egg said:

Sorry for the unsolicited theft of your pic, but you're a good follow on the 'gram. That P reg might be so late as to have the non-yellowing headlights. 

Not at all, take as you like! Cheers for leaving my name in it.  Didn't know they could have headlights that didn't fog up.

That K reg one was quite the spectacle. Appears to eat tyres on the MOTs and had some very artistic lacquer peel on the OS. It was lovely to see your UPX in the flesh at 2019's Unexceptional - very much the opposite 😂

18 minutes ago, Shonky said:

Didn't know they could have headlights that didn't fog up.

Near the end of production, they started printing the beam pattern on the glass lens rather than the internal plastic lens that yellows. Some people retro-fit them (but you have to change the whole light assembly) so I have stuck with the original style (and have another spare set).

• egg changed the title to '93 Mondy thread - Laid up for winter

Well, we're in tier 3, and lockdown is almost certain to last until end of Feb, so the Mondeo is SORN'd on a neighbour's driveway (in a very nice street) for the next 3 months. New tyres will be due in the spring, so not worried about them going out of shape. Heater is rubbish as well, which is an issue I must sort in 2021. The other tail light that I didn't reseal is leaking a bit now, but it will just have to be sorted when it comes back home.

It will be the 5 year anniversary of ownership when it comes back on the road.

1056935931_Inkedlaidup_LI.thumb.jpg.91d574a6bad10ad24bb153edc7534741.jpg

9 hours ago, egg said:

Well, we're in tier 3, and lockdown is almost certain to last until end of Feb, so the Mondeo is SORN'd on a neighbour's driveway (in a very nice street) for the next 3 months. New tyres will be due in the spring, so not worried about them going out of shape. Heater is rubbish as well, which is an issue I must sort in 2021. The other tail light that I didn't reseal is leaking a bit now, but it will just have to be sorted when it comes back home.

It will be the 5 year anniversary of ownership when it comes back on the road.

1056935931_Inkedlaidup_LI.thumb.jpg.91d574a6bad10ad24bb153edc7534741.jpg

That photo surely was taken at least twenty years ago.

On 11/15/2020 at 8:26 AM, egg said:

One owner L-reg base model spotted on Facebook in Wigan. No price, but looks great.

Original wheeltrims intact, 1.6 petrol in Garnet Red I think.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/376757677016897

base2.thumb.jpg.42f39937e8fbaaa761cc2152f143a896.jpg

base1.thumb.jpg.98ccca79fe02e83f0e2b2177a83bf40e.jpg

I think he's waiting for a reaction before setting a price. It's a DHSS spec hatch with black top bumpers, it needs to be bought by someone here!

2 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

I think he's waiting for a reaction before setting a price. It's a DHSS spec hatch with black top bumpers, it needs to be bought by someone here!

What sort of reaction are people looking for? It’s the 26 year old Mondeo it’s not going to cause a furore at Christie’s. Why can’t people just think of a bloody price they’d be happy with and put it up for that. That’s assuming they actually want to sell it.

1 minute ago, sierraman said:

What sort of reaction are people looking for? It’s the 26 year old Mondeo it’s not going to cause a furore at Christie’s. Why can’t people just think of a bloody price they’d be happy with and put it up for that. That’s assuming they actually want to sell it.

Probably advertising it before he's taken possession of it to fish for offers. 

1 hour ago, Eyersey1234 said:

How much use has the Mondy seen this year @egg

Some and some, but since the 2nd lockdown it hadn't moved until today.  Just not a year for doing many miles.

39 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

That photo surely was taken at least twenty years ago.

Taken in Herne Bay, so yes, about 20 years behind ;-)