'93 Mondy thread - K reg base 4 sale (not mine)

egg

All done. I have used minimum number of fixings and minimum pressure. So, only two of the four bottom fixings and 1 of the top fixings, with just the plastic screws in the 3 of the other four slots (and nothing in the final slot).

I've been up to 70mph, and it is all secure and no new rattles. If the screen cracks now, I give up!

2073763851_IMG_20200823_1459462.thumb.jpg.1e1461b239f80d0927ed6cde0fbb0b35.jpg

983311555_IMG_20200823_1504282.thumb.jpg.799f961a6439d92c9b4ce05aac510ae4.jpg

890299383_IMG_20200823_1518262.thumb.jpg.a4456136b5ea709516dffc0a1e7d0380.jpg

Its running nicely on new plugs and fresh oil. It's my belief that Zeta/Zetec/Duratec engines are a lot smoother after a change.

The offside now has a MK2 version - which has a solid grille - it is a fake air intake - which is very 2020! It gives more protection to the pollen filter that way.

Finally put the replica front plate on, had it for months. The bumper has screw holders built in (which are raised) - so it has to be exact.  I spent an age on it, and got it within a couple of mm of dead straight.

IMG_20200831_163325.thumb.jpg.8c27532715e9dbd08cb6fafbb5f23b6f.jpg

IMG_20200831_163316.thumb.jpg.500651efe8c9061977c8ca8741973cca.jpg

I've taken the headlight protectors off for now for the more natural look!

@egg re: K615 GEV.

I think I mentioned this a few pages back, but it was a very early (October 1992) build and so would have been riddled with pre-production issues. No headlamp washers or Ghia badges on the wings to mention a few oddities. It was more than likely returned to Ford for disposal in Feb ‘93 as it would have served it’s purpose for trialling and publicity duties.

On 7/3/2020 at 6:03 PM, greengartside said:

K615 GEV was the lead Mondeo which was featured in various news reports of the day, including News At Ten. I’ve researched it and found it was a 2.0i Ghia.

Indeed you did! We need an index on this thread like LBF does ?

48 minutes ago, greengartside said:

Estates came out in August 1993 on an ‘L’ plate AFAIK.

Yes, consensus on Facebook was they came out later - but then Googling around this afternoon - I found this 14th July registered one (probably no longer with us). Interesting, because I expect many people would have waited 3 weeks for the new L-reg!

11516383365_7774142abe_b.jpg

33 minutes ago, egg said:

Yes, consensus on Facebook was they came out later - but then Googling around this afternoon - I found this 14th July registered one (probably no longer with us). Interesting, because I expect many people would have waited 3 weeks for the new L-reg!

It still shows up at DVLA but untaxed since 2014

36 minutes ago, egg said:

ah goody had hoped you would find one, it means I can grab its chassis number and do this :)

K585JUM

K911KVC

K428AOV

K83BOA

K350BBA

K448FNH (B5PSC)

K245JAU

K994BNB

AAZ9292

K865EGM (JBZ7278)

ran 40 chassis numbers through my tool (from ending in 90 to ending in 50) and heres all the K reg estates I have been able to find from that (included the NI car as if it was to be UK registered it would get a K prefix plate) reg numbers in brackets are any previous registrations the vehicle may have had

7 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

It still shows up at DVLA but untaxed since 2014

yeah I always wonder about that, not the only vehicle iv seen like that

has no scrapped marker, but I always thought you either have to tax it or SORN it or the DVLA will come round and break your knee caps

unless mandatory SORN is only a relatively recent thing? (I know its fairly new, but I figured it was a thing by 2014 but im mistaken)

4 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

ah goody had hoped you would find one, it means I can grab its chassis number and do this :) ran 40 chassis numbers through my tool (from ending in 90 to ending in 50) and heres all the K reg estates I have been able to find from that (included the NI car as if it was to be UK registered it would get a K prefix plate) reg numbers in brackets are any previous registrations the vehicle may have had

Great, thanks. So the tool actually tells you the body shape?

5 minutes ago, egg said:

Great, thanks. So the tool actually tells you the body shape?

well they are all marked as body type ESTATE, so im assuming they are all well estates?  (and I figured due to the way modern VIN numbers work that the VIN number between the estates and not estates etc would be different)

btw heres the rest from up from 90 to "100" just because curiosity got the better of me and it would be rude not to do a nice round 50 LOL

K913BNC

K914BNC

K849BDB

K602AJA

K856BND

16 minutes ago, egg said:

Thanks @LightBulbFun - what would be interesting* (yeah for me anyway) is if I could get a build date on one of those - I'd need access to Ford's ETIS system for that.

Np :) was also mildly curious myself if I could find anything or if the chassis numbers even went up in any sort of numerical order (ie could I take the chassis number from the one you post if I increment/decrement it by 1 would I get another one or would it turn up nothing, clearly looks like I do get something :) )

if you want to quickly find the body type of a vehicle as it is recorded on the DVLA/the V5 then I recommend this tool https://www.vehiclecheck.co.uk/?vrm=K155OPX

and if you want to check for further details like keepers and when/if a vehicle was marked scrapped then I recommend this tool :) https://www.carbaba.co.uk/

(just give it a reg, any number for the milage and hit value my car and it will spit out a nice amount of info but there is a daily look up limit)

side note noticed K615GEV-K623GEV are all fords (and K617GEV is in the same chassis number series as K615GEV)

I know it was mentioned that K615GEV has a very early build date, so might be something to look into?

(im not entirely sure if they are all Ford Mondeo's or not but a good number of them where only taxed for 1 or 2 years which makes me think they may have been something pre production or withheld by ford for one reason or another)

On 03/07/2020 at 13:51, quicksilver said:

M292 APU is intriguing with its 1992 build date and M-reg so it must have been used as an unregistered development car for a couple of years, but sadly it's no longer on the DVLA system

turns out its not alone came across M304APU just now which is 1 chassis number higher 

1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said:

Np :) was also mildly curious myself if I could find anything or if the chassis numbers even went up in any sort of numerical order (ie could I take the chassis number from the one you post if I increment/decrement it by 1 would I get another one or would it turn up nothing, clearly looks like I do get something :) )

if you want to quickly find the body type of a vehicle as it is recorded on the DVLA/the V5 then I recommend this tool https://www.vehiclecheck.co.uk/?vrm=K155OPX

and if you want to check for further details like keepers and when/if a vehicle was marked scrapped then I recommend this tool :) https://www.carbaba.co.uk/

(just give it a reg, any number for the milage and hit value my car and it will spit out a nice amount of info but there is a daily look up limit)

Ford VINs are very logical and the body style can also be determined from the 4th and 10th digits of the VIN (which are always the same as they repeat the same piece of info for some reason). Digits 4 and 10 of ours are F which must mean 4-door saloon, but I don't know what the letter for an estate is. Digit 9 is the model range, which is B for Mondeo.

BTW, the Carbaba limit is 15 lookups in a 24-hour period as determined by my own experimentation. After 15 lookups you can still put in the reg and mileage but it will ask you to fill in the vehicle details manually instead of retrieving them from the database.

2 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

well they are all marked as body type ESTATE, so im assuming they are all well estates?  (and I figured due to the way modern VIN numbers work that the VIN number between the estates and not estates etc would be different)

btw heres the rest from up from 90 to "100" just because curiosity got the better of me and it would be rude not to do a nice round 50 LOL

K913BNC

K914BNC

K849BDB

K602AJA

K856BND

The JA and DB one's would have been South Manchester registered...

2 hours ago, egg said:

Thanks @LightBulbFun - what would be interesting* (yeah for me anyway) is if I could get a build date on one of those - I'd need access to Ford's ETIS system for that.

Someone’s got access to Ford Etis....? I’ll find out build dates and report back.

EDIT - Results,

K913 BNC - WF0NXXGBBNPB89797 Build Date - 01.06.1993

K914 BNC - WF0NXXGBBNPB89796 Build Date - 01.06.1993

K849 BDB - WF0NXXGBBNPB89794 Build Date - 28.05.1993

K602 AJA - WF0NXXGBBNPB89792 Build Date - 24.05.1993

K856 BND - WF0NXXGBBNPB89791 Build Date - 01.06.1993