'93 Mondy thread - K reg data geek

egg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

I wonder what happened to that lovely pink  Ghia that was on eBay a few times but never sold.  I hope someone took it on, can't find a picture to remember what the plate was but pretty sure it was posted on here somewhere

this one? Taxed and Tested...

1095760782_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.d0cd80cfda9b55498ae2099e670b7e67.jpg

yes that's the one. Last V5 in April 2021 which I think was before it was on eBay so perhaps still in the same ownership. I seem to remember a guy took it on after his elderly neighbour gave up driving or passed away. I desperately wanted this but I was getting close to having the XM done when it came up for sale and couldn't justify two cars doing a similar role

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 8:00 PM, wesacosa said:

I think the ad suspected it was a press car but not sure there was any proof

Another surviving K-HAR! There were loads of Fords registered in this series so it probably was a press car as was our K546 HAR.

Plenty of Mondeo discussion on the Practical Classics facebook page ATM following the end of production. Do we know about K18 GLX? Red fully restored April '93 hatchback but I don't know its original reg.

42 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

Another surviving K-HAR! There were loads of Fords registered in this series so it probably was a press car as was our K546 HAR.

Plenty of Mondeo discussion on the Practical Classics facebook page ATM following the end of production. Do we know about K18 GLX? Red fully restored April '93 hatchback but I don't know its original reg.

Yes, K18 GLX was K379 KVF I think. Build date 27/1/93!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KWhite said:

A K Plater GLX spotted on Facebook sat in a yard with several 80's/90's Fords. Last MOT'd in 2008 and registered on 26/03/1993 so very early!

mma.jpg

Yes, very early one indeed. Build date of 14.1.1993.

There’s some seriously nice stuff in that yard though, lots of XR’s and there’s a Sapphire Cossie buried there too.