'93 Mondy thread - K reg data geek

egg

11 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Very weird mileage history on that, wonder what went on there (apart from the supposed new clocks) 

Went from 314k, to 1k, 3k, 4k, 6k, 10k, 328k, unreadable, 15k, unreadable again 🤔

Also - HFM!? I know they're rare but its just a bog standard MK1 Mondeo with 328k or whatever miles that has somehow managed to survive. Be surprised if it actually sells for more than a grand, even that's got to be pushing it!

Be impressed if its not an oil burner at that mileage!

£2,500? Are they having a laugh? It’s a welding bill away from the scrapman. £6-700 then run it till the test runs out and collect £500 from the banger racers. I’d imagine you are right at 328k it’ll sound like a bag of spanners. 

Further FoI update from DVLA

I can advise that, having carried out a further scan of our vehicle database, the additional information you have asked for is as follows:

Make and Model Description: Ford Mondeo (Trim level blank)
SORN 8
Licensed (taxed) 5

Taxed base models we know:

K155OPX
K440 LYA

K901 EEW

K992 NMD

4 out of 5 ain't bad!

The annual how many left analysis has been done by the guy on the Facebook Mondeo group (credit to him)

Total Mondeos 93-96 (always includes a few MK2s): 3877 (was 4135 in 2020)

Total taxed 93-96: 635 (was 811 in 2020)

As mentioned before in 1996 there were 394,000 Mondeos taxed.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at all the moss round the wiper arms, looks like that's been sat outside for a long, long time.

Wearing a Peugeot as a hat can't be doing it too many favours either.

Still, it wouldn't be the first car on here to be saved from the scrappie's clutches... Anyone know where this one's located?

58 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

Looking at all the moss round the wiper arms, looks like that's been sat outside for a long, long time.

Wearing a Peugeot as a hat can't be doing it too many favours either.

Still, it wouldn't be the first car on here to be saved from the scrappie's clutches... Anyone know where this one's located?

It was in one of the Facebook Mondeo groups - trouble is I can't remember which one!

35 minutes ago, J W Pepper said:

I don't like it when cars say pre 2000 are in scrap yards, they have lasted all that time and then someone decides to bin it

Nothing lasts forever, eventually it becomes uneconomical to repair if you haven’t the facilities to do it yourself, for all we know the clutch could have been on its way out, the chassis legs at the back going and the back ends of the sills. There’s a thousand quids worth of work there at a garage. Could have had something unobtainable go wrong, owner skint, stopped whilst driving uninsured, engine could be bollocksed any number of factors

I know you could say a thousand quid into better the devil you know but likewise if it’s generally worn out then chopping it for something better makes more sense. 

30 minutes ago, GeordieInExile said:

Did they do a bespoke set of dials for the bASe models? Surely that would have been more expensive to develop and implement than just giving them a rev counter?

sometimes referred to as 'Transit dials' I'm not sure if they are actually the same as the Transit.

1 hour ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Liked for the picture and the chodtasticness of the car not the fact it has been made into a BTCC replica

Depends how well it’s been done, some of the touring car replicas look fantastic. But yeah it would need to be done right and that isn’t cheap. 

36 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Depends how well it’s been done, some of the touring car replicas look fantastic. But yeah it would need to be done right and that isn’t cheap. 

Here's the 'after' pic from the original FB post about it:

May be an image of car and outdoors