'93 Mondy thread - K reg base 4 sale (not mine)

egg

I'm still plugging away with the register, hawking it round the various Facebook groups - I'm now up to 55 known K-reg cars, including a UK registered car residing in Ireland (a resto project).

Split by trim level

Base = 6
LX = 23
GLX = 14
Si = 4
Ghia = 8

23 of the 55 have a current MOT.

• egg changed the title to '93 Mondy thread - Mercury Mystique videos

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1178552?fbclid=IwAR2AbMmyFzTJTsrSBsvesQ1ZEbQnsVfjre0cv-ythRWchMmKUj_ueP9pVR4

Is this on the database Egguardo?

I don't even care about the price - it looks fantastic, has a proper boot and some proper number plates.

3 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1178552?fbclid=IwAR2AbMmyFzTJTsrSBsvesQ1ZEbQnsVfjre0cv-ythRWchMmKUj_ueP9pVR4

Is this on the database Egguardo?

I don't even care about the price - it looks fantastic, has a proper boot and some proper number plates.

Thanks very much, but yes, I have that one.

• egg changed the title to '93 Mondy thread - Engine sizes added to K reg register
10 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

thats interesting, which ones are those?

Oh, three have been scrapped relatively recently and one is in Ireland (originally UK spec car) and no longer on DVLA.

8 minutes ago, egg said:

Oh, three have been scrapped relatively recently and one is in Ireland (originally UK spec car) and no longer on DVLA.

www.carbaba.co.uk

should tell you all you need to know on the 3 thats sadly been scrapped (stick the registration in, give it a random milage and hit value my car, it will then barf up a nice wealth of info)

on the Irish car, do you mean ROI or NI? I have never seen an exported car drop off the DVLA, they normally just get a Export marker and thats that, so curious that you say its no longer on the DVLA

but if its a NI car it will show up on the CarBaba website (and most 3rd party tools for that matter) if its been inactive in NI since before 2014 or so, then it likely wont show up on the DVLA 1st party checker, but just hidden from view not gone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • egg changed the title to '93 Mondy thread - K reg spotted for sale
  • egg changed the title to '93 Mondy thread - base back from hibernation
On 3/2/2021 at 1:20 PM, egg said:

Back on the road today after 3 month's hibernation on a neighbour's drive. Needs some air in the tyres, and a wash, and there's obviously water in the boot after the snow etc, but started first touch. Made me smile to have it back.

IMG_20210302_131257.thumb.jpg.7e7732dc18771b03d5607e5e111216cd.jpg

Chodtastic news

On 3/1/2021 at 5:23 PM, egg said:

The other NYJ is currently for sale on Facebook for £1395

1175177879_Screenshot_20210301-1710172.thumb.png.ae851c729932db3f70fbc4d91e555f26.png

1492395682_Screenshot_20210301-1711152.thumb.png.56d03b21b9365b3c8c34749a29abb595.png

Hi There Egg, hope you are well? Absolutely LOVING your thread. It's me that bought this one and got delivered today (central Scotland). I've always wanted a K plater to tuck away and bring out on nice days and go to a few shows in so glad to have saved this one. I'm in the process of trying to source the correct rubbing strip section from the drivers door and 4x proper LX Wheeltrims. It was moments away from being turned into a Touring Car replica before I saved it. It will remain totally standard and original. Couple of pictures attached.  Kind Regards Russell 

IMG-20210308-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20210308-WA0000.jpg

2 hours ago, RustyRuss said:

Hi There Egg, hope you are well? Absolutely LOVING your thread. It's me that bought this one and got delivered today (central Scotland). I've always wanted a K plater to tuck away and bring out on nice days and go to a few shows in so glad to have saved this one. I'm in the process of trying to source the correct rubbing strip section from the drivers door and 4x proper LX Wheeltrims. It was moments away from being turned into a Touring Car replica before I saved it. It will remain totally standard and original. Couple of pictures attached.  Kind Regards Russell 

IMG-20210308-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20210308-WA0000.jpg

Chodtastic good to see its been saved and is now in the fold.