2004 BMW Mini Cooper - £1600

Station

Hi all! Someone might be interested in this as a nice daily, thought I'd try.

I'm selling my ol' Mini. I've had it since August last year.

It has been fantastic, nothing has broken on it, I've covered 6000 miles in it. It's the only car I've owned that I couldn't fault.

It was really well looked after by the previous owner, it's due another service in February (it has FSH). Stainless steel exhaust, mindisc player, I was told it had every option when bought, but I think it's missing a few things, I don't know what you can get with these.

It was badged as an 'S', I've not taken the badges off. There's no rust anywhere, but has a few scratches on the roof where the previous owner got a bit Tazmanian Devil removing the black squares. It has the Getrag gearbox, which were fitted after 2004 (they don't break like the previous Rover ones).

I get 35 mpg around town, and around 50mpg on a run.

It has cruise control, aircon, auto wipers, three cup holders, half leather, cooper mats, two keys/fobs and loads of other little things I can't remember.

Will have a full years MOT and 'drive m'home' tax.

These seem to go between 1500 and 2500 on ebay for some reason.

21104388081_68cd8eeadc_h.jpg

This is a cheap and very smart looking Cooper. They drive great. Somebody is going to get a bargain.

A blue (with white wheels) 52 plate Cooper that looked absolutely hanging sold near me recently for £1400. It was for sale ages though and I wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole. This one looks a much better bet.

It's a shame people diss them without ever even driving one. Their loss.

Look at how random the prices are - I think if it's shiny and clean it goes for more. Easy money. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=2004%20mini%20cooper&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Aye, there's a few folk like that, sadly -  driven three cars in their entire motoring career and think they know it all. 

They drive exceptionally well - and this is coming from someone who hates their 'estate agent playskool cappuccino dribble yah' image. 

They drive exceptionally well - and this is coming from someone who hates their 'estate agent playskool cappuccino dribble yah' image.

I was massively anti-BINI because they are for homo's.

Then I drove my nieces 03 Cooper and swiftly ate humble pie.

If I hadn't have bought the TF today I would be winging my way to the Wirral for this like.

I was massively anti-BINI because they are for homo's.

Then I drove my nieces 03 Cooper and swiftly ate humble pie.

If I hadn't have bought the TF today I would be winging my way to the Wirral for this like.

Nice stereotyping. I'm not a fan of the R50s looks - or the potless BLARG apologist conspiracy theories. 

My father-on-law had one when they first came out and he let me take it for a drive - it was really nice.

He's gone on to have a Clubman (I like those), one of those hulking great monstrosity ones (horrid) and he now has one of the 3-pot 5-door Coopers (which is OK). 

Preferred the first one though. GLWTS.

I'm going to have to show this to the future wife. Could be a way for her to stop moaning about all the "shit-heaps" I keep buying and making her drive as her main daily, leaving me to continue buying them in peace...

How many miles has it done?

They've aged quite well, and this one seems good for the money. I was at a Mini rally years back, when the Bini had been out for a couple of years, so still pretty new. When the convoy was leaving thr campsite for a tour of Newquay, 95% of the cars were classic Minis. The few brave buggers driving Binis were universally heckled and booed. It was really funny at the time; I guess attitudes may have changed a little now as the Bini has been around for so long*.

Good luck with the sale anyhow.