320touring gets an Alfa Romeo 156..

320touring

1.8 is the sweetest engine- no balance shafts like the 2 litre, but they make no difference anyway. The sumps are very low, and alloy, so be careful. The air intake is very low too, so stay away from Fords- good advice anyway- Get on the Alfa forums and read up on throttle body resets etc- many issues with Alfa's is people thought they bought a Toyota. Treat them nice.

1.8 is the sweetest engine- no balance shafts like the 2 litre, but they make no difference anyway. The sumps are very low, and alloy, so be careful. The air intake is very low too, so stay away from Fords- good advice anyway- Get on the Alfa forums and read up on throttle body resets etc- many issues with Alfa's is people thought they bought a Toyota. Treat them nice.

Have changed the air filter on our 147 today, some serious vino collapso was consumed the day they decided to put that there.

It's about 6 inch off the road and accessed from below.

It's not like the rest of the engine bay is particularly short on space to put it.

If you get a knocking/clunking over bumps, and the upper bones and ARB links are OK, it will probably be the anti roll bar. Not the roll bar bushes, the bar itself. The Italians can make rubber that is harder than steel. See also: Pirelli P600.

Thanks- front end is deffo tappy tappy.

Any useful procedure for diagnosing clunks when i've got it in the unit?

Was in Top Gear crap cars book.

Aah, a higher authority. I take it all back.

I bet Richard Porter has never actually seen an Arna!

320touring. We're having an Arna discussion so stop yer fuckin' whingin' FFS. 

156 - like. It's like an E46 318i but pretty, interesting, less rust prone and generally less shit.

I've got two lower wishbones you can have for twenty Glasgow pounds. One is brand new, the other one looks new but the ball joint rubber is damaged (looks like it was misfitted). I had a knock from mine from the anti-roll bar, it was very annoying but didn't get any worse during the time I owned the car. Spray silicon spray round the top wishbone bushes to stop the squeaking, you will need to do this every couple of months or so.

day 1 commuting ended at 58.5 miles with no new faults..

Current Fault list

some suspension bangs

running cool

fuel flap not latching

inoperative remote central locking

inoperative rev counter

potential blown bulb (to be checked)

inoperative heated rear screen

air con needs gas

missing trim panels on interior

radio not on switched live

creak from seat

All in all, no major problems-should be work throughable..

Day 2 started like this:

etZPcE6c.jpg

Wish me luck!

I've got two lower wishbones you can have for twenty Glasgow pounds. One is brand new, the other one looks new but the ball joint rubber is damaged (looks like it was misfitted). I had a knock from mine from the anti-roll bar, it was very annoying but didn't get any worse during the time I owned the car. Spray silicon spray round the top wishbone bushes to stop the squeaking, you will need to do this every couple of months or so.

I'll be getting a look at it on Saturday-will be in touch if I need them, thanks for the offer:)